To: Erikmoldwarrior

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by doxygirl, Apr 22, 2007.

  1. doxygirl

    doxygirl New Member

    Hi Erik,
    How are you feeling my friend? I haven't seen a lot of you lately on the board here.........I hope that you are doing ok......please let me know if everything is ok...k?

    Also....someone else suggested that I ask you if you have any idea what kind of tests they might do when I go for my Dr appt for the mold....they are sending me to one of the best Dr's known in re: MOLD....this guy is really supposed to be something!

    Iam kind of nervous since I have a BIG problem with needles........I did already have a blood test done with my PCP and it showed positive for mold allergy.....then recently ( a few days ago ) I was so sick that I had to go to urgent care.....

    the Dr said that Iam so sick from ALLERGIES! He also said that my lungs sounded really bad! Hmmmmmmm? have any idea what could be making me so deathly ill?

    Thanks Erik for any help you may be able to provide me with..........

    Hugs
    Doxy
  2. doxygirl

    doxygirl New Member

  3. doxygirl

    doxygirl New Member

    Can you tell me what tests this Dr will probably do since, I already have had blood drawn and it tested positive for mold allergy?

    I want to know if it is in my lungs ( which is probably a silly ? since I was exposed for three years ) but I guess wishful thinking never hurts....

    Iam prepared for the worst and hoping for the best.....

    Erik....if you could tell me what tests I may expect I would feel so much better......

    thanks for your help

    Doxy
  4. doxygirl

    doxygirl New Member

  5. doxygirl

    doxygirl New Member

  6. LouiseK

    LouiseK New Member

    I have read that the dead mould must be removed as it is an allergen as well. Your description of just reducing the humidity sounds wonderfully simple. I have been dealing with mould and trying to kill it and remove it, etc. For instance I read that it will grow in the soap residue in the shower so you can't just bleach it you must scrub it clean. Also, that you can scrub it off the walls but it's living inside them and eventually reaches the surface again. You seem to be mould king around here and I am in deep with this right now so I would appreciate your thoughts about having to do anything other than dehumidify.

    Thanks.
  7. doxygirl

    doxygirl New Member

    "thank you so much......you are so well educated and informed........I certainly appreciate hwo helpful you have been for me.....

    I go to my appt soon and when I get it over with I will let you know what occurs.....this guy is like I mentioned before...."ONE OF THE BEST THERE IS" when it comes to mold........

    He has been on several cases for mold causing damages to people and the cases have all been very successful....Iam hopeful if nothing more that I will find out the truth of my fate.....

    Iam having a LOT of problems still with my lungs and sinuses.......it has been almost three months since I was in that mold infested building so Iam frightened that the long term exposute is going to cause long term health problems for me......

    thanks again for all your info and support.....I do however have one more ? for you.....

    in your experiences and knowledge...would you agree that trying to walk, or do some light kind of excercise would be helpful in eliminating some of these harmful toxins?

    I have tried walking and I end up with so much lung and breathing issues that I am worried.......I don't want to be a quitter....or give up....I want to try to get better.........but if walking and / or doing any kind of light moving is going to jeopardize my health then I don't want to do it!

    Thanks again my friend....for your help!

    Hugs
    Doxy
  8. doxygirl

    doxygirl New Member

    "thank you so much......you are so well educated and informed........I certainly appreciate hwo helpful you have been for me.....

    I go to my appt soon and when I get it over with I will let you know what occurs.....this guy is like I mentioned before...."ONE OF THE BEST THERE IS" when it comes to mold........

    He has been on several cases for mold causing damages to people and the cases have all been very successful....Iam hopeful if nothing more that I will find out the truth of my fate.....

    Iam having a LOT of problems still with my lungs and sinuses.......it has been almost three months since I was in that mold infested building so Iam frightened that the long term exposute is going to cause long term health problems for me......

    thanks again for all your info and support.....I do however have one more ? for you.....

    in your experiences and knowledge...would you agree that trying to walk, or do some light kind of excercise would be helpful in eliminating some of these harmful toxins?

    I have tried walking and I end up with so much lung and breathing issues that I am worried.......I don't want to be a quitter....or give up....I want to try to get better.........but if walking and / or doing any kind of light moving is going to jeopardize my health then I don't want to do it!

    Thanks again my friend....for your help!

    Hugs
    Doxy
  9. LouiseK

    LouiseK New Member

    Well, thank you for your last response. I am a babe-in-the-woods on this but I gotta ask, excuse my ignorance, if these things are so difficult to detect how does one avoid them all? How do I know when to run and evacuate and all that? I see a lot of mold around me but how do I know if it's these varieties you describe as being so dangerous?

    Thank you. I really hate the idea of moving . . .especially when I don't know what I'm trying to avoid and may run into it again after I do move.

    Thanks.