To Firecop 1066 (Jill).....Question from Neen,please..

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by neen85, Feb 8, 2006.

1. neen85

neen85 New Member

Hey Jill,
    I took a trip over to lymenet and one of their rules was that you don't post a doctors first or last name. HOw does one find a doctor if no names can be posted??

I doubt is anyone is on from the area I live in. It is a rural area made up of a bunch of small towns that are about 2 1/2 hrs. away from any major city.

Unless local family docs get on and volunteer that they are lyme supporters,I duobt that their would be anyone. Just wondering! Thanks so much! Daneen
  2. minimonkey

minimonkey New Member

You are allowed to send private messages over there -- so you go to the Find A Doctor section, and post that you need a referral in (wherever you are) -- put your city in the subject line.

If someone knows one, they will private message you the information. We don't post our doc's names to protect them from the harrassment they suffer so often.

3. neen85

neen85 New Member

I already go to Springfield for Lyme,but just need a local doc that won't put me through hell for doing so! Thanks for your help! Daneen
  4. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

HI Jill,
    You helped me get over to lymenet, and put me in touch with Mike, he's a great guy.

Anyways, i finally took the leap and made an appointment in Duluth with a LLMD in April.

I'm kinda scared and nervous, what if they do find lymes, or almost worse, they find nothing and treat me like all the other Dr. have?

I've gotten so use to "living with it" that it's scary stepping out. Especially after my very first and last visit to a Rhuematoligist before Christmas. That was no fun. He took away me CFIDS diagnosies and wanted to fill me up on drugs and did no lab work.

Daneen, i hope you start to feel better soon. I use plain old advil too.
  5. neen85

neen85 New Member

Yeah Jill, I know what ya mean. Unfortunately,I have a severe back injury from the "passing out" episode after taking naltrexone and need a doc that accepts Kansas medicaid to write referrals and sign transportation sheets.

I also suffer "monthly" because I have 3 fibroids which nobody seems to want to do anything about and an ovarian cyst. I vomit,get horrible migraines,have cramps (like shooting pains)from my uterus to my ribs and from my low back to my ribs and all the way to my knees down the front of my thighs. The Lyme doc won't write scripts for any pain meds at all.

I've been to one OB that told me my "symptoms" (meaning all the damage from lyme)had "NO MEDIAL BASIS" then the witch put me on estrogen,which I later found out makes the fibroids grow.

She further messed up things and worsened the migraines....not to mention she read the clotting paperwork on me and gave it to me anyway. The lyme doc said I should not have had it unless absolutely necessary and then only if I was on heparin!!!

That is the quality of medical care around here! I am getting ready to go out of state for a wedding so I may not get to lyme net right away. I plan on spending a few days with my Dad before the wedding. Things have been hard since we lost Mom suddenly in November. Thanks for all of your help. Have you had to do the heparin by the way? HOw far do you have to travel for your lyme specalist. I go 4 hrs for Springfield. C-ya! Daneen