To Fivesue

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Joyce345, Oct 25, 2005.

1. Joyce345

Joyce345 New Member

Hi Sue,

I haven't been on the boards for a few weeks because I had to take advantage of feeling good. I'm sure you have those GREAT days also.

I wanted to thank you for responding to my post that took me ages to find. LOL Yes, I agree that we have to meet because of this DD and I appreciate you telling me NOT to go back to this "socalled" doctor. There is one that I tried to go to a few months ago, but with the birth of our first Grandchild, I cancelled knowing how excited I would be. Talk about a "miracle" drug:))) I'm hestitate about new doctors but I think I'll give her a try again.

Also I can relate to your frustration about being a drag on your husband (mine is disabled but he's ALWAYS trying to do what he can)and not contributing anything. If you really take a look, you might be very helpful in many ways but don't recognize it when you have pain...GRRRRR!!! Today, I'm here and FINALLY getting to write to you:)))

Yes, I can go on and on when I'm feeling better. I hope you're having a good day.

Joyce
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Yes, we are alike, aren't we? Just looked at your profile, and I am a teacher also...not working now as became disabled with depression, anxiety, etc. in 2001. Then in 2003, FM. Sound familiar?

I'm glad you are feeling good today. I am, too, believe it or not. My psychiatrist gave me a new med to try...to just boost my antidepressant a bit...and it almost boosted me into a coma! Talk about feeling awful. So, I discontinued it on Friday, and today feel like a human being again. So nice to feel this way.

We are very fortunate to have loving husbands. You have been married for a long time whereas Jim and I have been married only 5 years; it's the second for both of us. However, we have know each other for over 20 years, so it doesn't seem so short.

Grandchildren are great...what is yours? My grandchildren are a 12 year old girl and a 10 year old boy. My husband has a 2 year old boy...and each of these sweeties has both of our hearts wrapped around their fingers. So, I know what you mean about good medicine.

Let us know about your doctor visit. I'll be interested in seeing if anything better happens.

Do take care, and so glad you are having a great day. May there be many to follow!

Sue
  3. Joyce345

Joyce345 New Member

Your note did sound too familiar because I taught 4th grade for way too many years and my health problems began with getting Lymes Disease. I had NO idea what was wrong, but when my Mom died suddenly, I believe I went into shock and then was dx with it. I was one of the first 50 people to be dx with Lymes in our area. When I look back, the kids were wonderful. They knew something was wrong and helped in every way. I would misplace teacher's editions and the kids could have had a field day getting answers, etc. Needless to say, I missed many days because of this illness. Finally, I was put on Biaxin for over 6 months and went into remission.

That was the beginning of loosing many years of my life. After my accident at school, fighting worker's comp for about 4 years, I went into a deep depression and was housebound because many told me they (worker's comp) would watch every move I made. HA Ha Ha....like I was jogging and working out at a gym! NOT!! I could hardly walk as I injured my neck and lower back severely. Slowly, after many years of therapy with different psychiatrists, being a "lab Rat" for many different antidepressants (horrible drug reactions), I started to get my life back all by myself.
    Now I do see a wonderful therapist and NO antidepressants:)) Then BAM....Fibro.

WOW, knowing your Jim for 20 years and then marrying him? It sounds like something out of a Fairy Tale:)) Bill's been my guy for over 40 years, stuck it out in the good and bad times, and I know we both would be lost without each other. We have 2 sons, 34 and 32 and I wish I had more because they're great men. The older one blessed us with our Grandson, his wife is wonderful, and also a teacher!!!

I still haven't made that appt yet because I have the dreaded gynecologist next week. I can only handle one at a time...just call me chicken! LOL

Talk about chattering on! I'm having another good day because the weather's gorgeous today. I hope your day is a great one too:)

Joyce
  4. fivesue

fivesue New Member

You got through all that and then FM...makes one want to crawl in bed, pull the covers over one's head, and just stay there! I'm sorry for all your medical problems.

I was a real goer until I turned 50...and I swear two weeks later I became sick and have not been well since. Very weird. Depression was bad enough, but along came FM two years ago. Sigh.

I also have two adult sons...36 and 33. The oldest one ( and his darling wife) had my grandkids 12 and 10 years ago. They had their children in their early twenties as I did.

I have to go shopping today...no food! That will wipe me out. So, I do hope you have a great day and whatever comes up my wish is you'll be able to handle it easily! Sorry about the ob/gyn visit coming...me, too, I think. UGH!

Sue