TO FOGGEDUP -- I notice you are dealing with Texas, too :-)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Seagull, Aug 13, 2003.

1. Seagull

Seagull New Member

I remember when I received the initial app forms to be filled out, none of them were appropriate for describing FMS or CMP symptoms and limitations (I have FMS, secondary to CMP, as well as, chronic fatigue, bilateral carpal tunnel, IBS, morbid obesity, and now, Meniere's disease).

So, I called the caseworker who told me to simply ignore the way the forms were set up and write in everything that pertained to my symptoms and limitations (including changing the titles of each page as needed). So, I sent in several extra pages detailing every one of my symptoms and limitations separately and how each one adversely affected my daily activities and quality of life. It took me about 5 weeks or so to finish that paperwork. They still denied me, so I hired a lawyer and we are almost ready to submit the recon package of new supporting evidence. He believes it will be ready in another week. And, he believes it to be a very strong case in my favor. So, I am cautiously optomistic.

I really recommend you get a lawyer as quickly as possible. He can come in at any point in your case's consideration, and they will have to allow him to send in additional info and evidence for you. He will know better than you how best to present your case. You are right that the SSA will pay no attention to any written info we send them. I really believe that most of their "doctors" are ones who barely qualified for graduation from medical school. JMHO. :)

seagull
  2. Seagull

Seagull New Member

Would you mind emailing me his name? I am always adding to my "good local doc" list (just in case I need a replacement), and would love to know more about him. My email addy is in my profile page. Just make sure to put your member name in the subject line so I know who it is from. Thanks so much.

That is great that you have his full support and that he is actually enthusiastic about helping. :)

seagull
  3. Seagull

Seagull New Member

relax and enjoy that quiet restful soak. You deserve it. And what a sweetie your hubby is to help you out with your hair like that. :)

I love those kind of pj's, but Hulen is too far for me to go -- I would pay dearly for that little excursion. But, I am so happy for you -- what a great buy!

I look forward to hearing from you at your convenience. :)

seagull