To Francie- FFC DHEA

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pumpkinpatch, Oct 14, 2005.

1. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

Wanted to ask you a question: Are you taking DHEA?

I just looked at my most recent blood tests (the retesting) and my DHEA was 234 which is right on the button. Anyway I've been taking 25 mg. and now I'm noticing greasy hair, hair loss and prespiring. It was prescribed to me at my first appointment.

I'm going off because according to my test results I don't need it anymore. This was a light bulb moment today. I've been sweating through all my clothes. Definitely talking to the Dr. about this.

Boy we really have to watch for side effects.

Cindy

[This Message was Edited on 10/14/2005]
  2. orachel

orachel New Member

bump for rileyearl
  3. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

No, I'm not taking the DHEA. She decided it wouldn't be good because I am not ready to change my whole diet around immediately. If I don't eat enough protein and too many carbs, I'll start gaining weight faster than I already am.

Instead she started me on testosterone cream. It also makes you sweat. That gets old.

Crazy stuff alright!

I'm sick with bronchitis right now. Not what I needed at all. I didn't take any pills all day. Just couldn't face it.

Take care!

Francie
  4. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

Does the bronchitis relate to the cylmadia pneumonia? I also tested positive for that infection.

The doxycycline is the recommended antibiotic. I've been on it for 3 months now. Seem to be handling it better. I really think the garlic is helping. Lots of trail and error here.

Boy those hormones and supplements over time are pretty powerful. I just never thought DHEA was doing anything since I'm combining it with so many other things. I think it's my body telling me that since my DHEA levels are already levelled off I don't need it anymore or at a very very low dose.

Now I'm wondering about the pregnenolone since those readings have also really improved over the last 4 months.

Now that my hormonal levels are in tact going to focus on these infections. It's quite a revamping process.

Good luck with your trade show. Hope you make lots of money!!

Doxy: Are you still in the house planning process? We are moving. Packing as we speak. The cleaning is the worse. Yesterday 5 hours on a gross oven. Now I'm forced to clean it. I will hire a cleaner if this gets too overwhelming. i could never have done this last year, my energy levels have really improved.

The FFC doctor has recommended ProBoost so going to order online, suppose to really help with immune and white blood cells. I've been on Dr. T.'s since April.

Cindy

[This Message was Edited on 10/15/2005]
    [This Message was Edited on 10/15/2005]