TO GET UP IN THE MORNING

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LEFTYGG, Sep 7, 2006.

1. LEFTYGG

LEFTYGG Member

i lay 2 pills 11 ultram 1 blood pressure (maxide} on my nightstand with a bottle of water. around 8 or 9 i roll over and take those pills then go back to sleep for another hr or hr and half. only then do i feel good enough to get out of bed.

i dont go to sleep until 2 3 or 4 am. i feel best at night so ill clean up kitchen and pick up then. i hate this life.

love gail
  2. kasilou

kasilou New Member

Understand completely. Awake most of the nite. Usually take ultram or vicodin (depending on the discomfort) in early AM then go back to bed which enables me to get up later. What a strange existence! I guess we have to do whatever lets us manage at all. I try not to plan anything like dr visits, etc. in morning. I haven't worked since March 2004. I even switched my shift (I'm an RN ) to afternoon, but too painful and too much fatique to work a shift even part time. I try to make the best of it and that sounds like thats what you're doing. Try to hang in there and God bless you!
  3. kriket

kriket New Member

It sucks!!! I am not a morning person. I stay awake most of te night and most of the day. I too, have more energy at night time. If I do sleep, it is usually from 4:30am-noon. I do wake a few times in between also.

kriket
  4. luvmykitties

luvmykitties New Member

I also take my pills and rest for about 30 minutes in bed. Then I start my light exercises for my hands/feet for the arthritis. (My tendons freeze up and I cannot move them to walk or grasp things). After the ankle rolls and neading the bead pillow I can get up.

I find my best sleep times are from 2 to 8 am. I set the alarm for 8:30 just in case I oversleep. I try to keep a schedule for sleep or else I am in so much pain and so tired I cannot sleep.

I also decide which pain pill to take by the amount of pain I am in. Ultram is good for light day pain, but the darvocet is much better when it is at its worst. I am very happy to say, all of my DRs give me the advice, take what you need during the day, and this number of pills is the highest amount I can take. I am usually under that dose with pain meds and xanax. I have an anxiety disorder now for more than 30 years. I have tried many types of therapy and medication. Xanax works the best for me. I have also had to add a BP med to my list, old age is creeping up.

Funny how we are night people, no wonder my last job was so hard, I had to get up at 5:30 am, and had a 40 min drive.
    MK
  5. LEFTYGG

LEFTYGG Member

good to know im not just lazy when i told the receptionist at dentist i need afternoon cause i dont get up till ten am she look at me like i had the life of a moviestar.
  6. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

it is so funny i was thinking about posting to you for some reason...then i thought i wait till friday after cody's game...he has missed the last two days of school...so i think that means he can not play the first half...a quarter for everday's practice missed before a game that week...

i believe it is league rules...

he has ibs...i posted about it...

i know what you mean...i should be studying here but instead still on this darn computer....cleaned kitchen up. went to costco...to get lot's of high fiber foods so he can pack his lunch for school as well..i've been telling the food there isn't that healthy..he gets plenty of excercise...

and drinks lots of water etc...

well gonna go for now i need to crack the whip on the studying...

love jodie
  7. Gilly26

Gilly26 New Member

Hi Gail

Im the same cant get to sleep until 2,3,4am and then cant get up until mid day. I too find I function better on a night and try and catch up with some housework. i am glad u posted this its a comfort to know we are not alone in are weired and wonderful lifestyes..

hang i there

Gilly 26
  8. Ranigar

Ranigar Member

I wouldn't make it down the stairs if I didn't.As it is I hold on to the rail and go one step at a time.After I sit with a cup of coffee an hr. I can get dad's breakfast then back up the stairs,lay down til I get some energy to shower and dress.My sleep goes in strange cycles.Right now I can't get to sleep,sleep lightly,and don't feel rested.I'm desperate for some sleep.