To Granmama and Majic....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kadywill, Sep 10, 2002.

1. kadywill

kadywill New Member

Thanks you both for replying to my post about the liver biopsy. I suppose my doc just wants to see why my liver enzymes have been so abnormal for two years. He would've assumed it way just due to a "fatty liver," but it all started after I began taking Methotrexate then and it had to be discontinued after only a month. The enzymes haven't been normal since. I haven't decided whether or not I'll consent to the biopsy~~~I haven't even told my husband about it 'cause I know it'll upset him. I have to find out who my insurance (CIGNA) will pay for in the vicinity. I looked it up in my CIGNA directory and found three Gastroenterologist groups, but one is no longer in this area, one no longer accepts CIGNA and the other I know little about. My doc thought this could be done in the Gastroenterologist's office, but I found out that I'll have to be in the hospital and it would be considered outpatient surgery. The part that concerned me was that I was told that the Gasto. doc wouldn't be doing this~~ the Radiologist would! Does this sound right to you??? I understand that the Readiologist would probably find the location via ultrasound, but I don't want him sticking me!!! I need a LOT more info. before I'll have this done.
    Majic, too late, I've been taking the Milk Thistle for a week now; didn't know! Will this make results high or low or what????
    Thanks for your help!
    In health,
    Kady
  2. kadywill

kadywill New Member

Thanks you both for replying to my post about the liver biopsy. I suppose my doc just wants to see why my liver enzymes have been so abnormal for two years. He would've assumed it way just due to a "fatty liver," but it all started after I began taking Methotrexate then and it had to be discontinued after only a month. The enzymes haven't been normal since. I haven't decided whether or not I'll consent to the biopsy~~~I haven't even told my husband about it 'cause I know it'll upset him. I have to find out who my insurance (CIGNA) will pay for in the vicinity. I looked it up in my CIGNA directory and found three Gastroenterologist groups, but one is no longer in this area, one no longer accepts CIGNA and the other I know little about. My doc thought this could be done in the Gastroenterologist's office, but I found out that I'll have to be in the hospital and it would be considered outpatient surgery. The part that concerned me was that I was told that the Gasto. doc wouldn't be doing this~~ the Radiologist would! Does this sound right to you??? I understand that the Readiologist would probably find the location via ultrasound, but I don't want him sticking me!!! I need a LOT more info. before I'll have this done.
    Majic, too late, I've been taking the Milk Thistle for a week now; didn't know! Will this make results high or low or what????
    Thanks for your help!
    In health,
    Kady
  3. majic

majic New Member

the milk thistle will detoxify your liver. so when and if you have the biopsy it can show normal. put in milk thistle in the search engine and look for a post on milk thistle from jackie f. she went thru this and i think she didn't have the biopsy. sorry i can't say this for sure. majic

[ advertisement ]