To harmony, shirl, and deecrossett:

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by dino, Jul 7, 2002.

1. dino

dino Guest

thank you all for your prayers. My wife still is not talking to me. I spent the evening in my car in a park. I do not know what to do right now. I continue to pray and ask for God's guidance. I am listening to Him but I don't hear anything. Perhaps God is waiting for the right time to speak to me. Perhaps He doesn't feel I am listening properly right now and feels I'll miss his message at this point. Pastor Carey, does this make any sense? I just feel so lost I don't know what to do. The more time passes, the less chance I have to win my wife back.
    Anyhow, I really do appreciate all the love. Take care.

dino
  2. carey

carey New Member

I want you to know I am continuing in prayer for you. I will answer your post later today as I am off to church right now but I want to answer your questions.

I'll get back to you.

God bless you!
    Carey
  3. carey

carey New Member

Dear Dino,
    Sorry I didn't have time to answer more in detail earlier this morning. My wife, (Harmony) has now signed me up with my own screen name so I will be able to respond using my own name now.

Dino, I believe that God is still listening to you. It's just that He doesn't always answer with a kind of dramatic evidence that we would like to see. Believe me, you are not alone in wandering if God has abandoned you.

Consider the words of King David in Psalm 22:1,2 "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? Why are you so far from saving me, so far from the words of my groaning? O my God, I cry out by day, but you do not answer, by night, and am not silent." If you read the rest of the Psalm, you will see that King David has not lost his faith. He is merely pouring out his human feelings, because he knows that God will understand and not condemn him for it. If David, a man after God's own heart could have these feelings, certainly it is natural that you and I would at times.
    God does sometimes answer in a dramatic way, but most of the time He speaks in a still small voice like He did to the prophet Jeremiah.

Brother, you mentioned that with the passing to time, your chances of winning your wife back are becoming less. I don't understand exactly what your wife is angry about and perhaps it is not best to share over the internet. I do know that time can also work in your favor. Time has a way of healing wounds especialy if you are able to demonstrate repentance over a period of time. Sometimes we want God to speak to us in a booming voice and tell us exactly what to do, or sometimes we can wish he would open up a hole in the ground and swallow us up. It's a good thing that God in his infinite wisdom and power does not respond to our human wishes. If he did the universe would be in a mess. God has a plan in His timing for you.

My suggestion is to write a letter to your wife in which you pour out your heart. I will continue to pray time will bring healing in your relationship. God Bless, Carey

P.S. my e-mail address is careyw@safeaccess.com if I can be of help.

[This Message was Edited on 07/07/2002]
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

You have received some wonderful God given advice from Carey, just continue to petition the Lord, as He is listening to you, but like the Pastor said, 'no big booms' is not necessarily not an answer. There is no 'time' with our Lord.

The Lord moves in His own time, which is always exactly what we need.

The letter to your wife sounds like a great idea. She will be able to 'hear' what you are saying without interruption this way. Pour your heart out in writing, let the Lord deal with her as she reads your words.

I am continuing to add my prayers to yours and everyone else here.

Take care, and know that you are being prayed for, and that the Lord does hear you, and will answer. No sincere prayer goes unanswered.

Shalom, Shirl