To hiriskrn

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lindasue, Oct 29, 2002.

1. lindasue

lindasue New Member

Thank you for you VERY informative response to my oxy. question.....I've been thinking that perhaps the shot of cortizone and the shot of steriod that was given to me along with the demeraol at the ER on Sat. night probably was STILL in my system Sun. & Mon. and along with the 20mgs. of oxycontin.....may have caused me the "buzz" so to speak......I hate steriods.....they get me going and I'm like climbing the walls...I guess they are suppose to help pain as well.......but I'd almost rather have "some" of the pain and forgo the "shakey hypo" buzz. I've never been one much for getting speeded up with the exception of my coffee in the morning!!!! Probably should cut that out (caffine)..but boy I sure love that cup of coffee in the am.
    Anyway, have one my 20mg. which I think I hold off taking until I'm sure I'm clear of any of the hyper drugs and see what happens.......I thank you so much for your indepth info and I checked your bio...YES your son is very handsome...and was born and grew up in NC....Winston-Salem. Hope you like it there.....I live in So. Calif. now and have for quite a few years....Still miss the South though....
    I'll talk with my dr. on Wed. and go from there.....If you like.....I'll keep you posted!
    Much love and hugs....
    Linda
  2. lindasue

lindasue New Member

Thank you for you VERY informative response to my oxy. question.....I've been thinking that perhaps the shot of cortizone and the shot of steriod that was given to me along with the demeraol at the ER on Sat. night probably was STILL in my system Sun. & Mon. and along with the 20mgs. of oxycontin.....may have caused me the "buzz" so to speak......I hate steriods.....they get me going and I'm like climbing the walls...I guess they are suppose to help pain as well.......but I'd almost rather have "some" of the pain and forgo the "shakey hypo" buzz. I've never been one much for getting speeded up with the exception of my coffee in the morning!!!! Probably should cut that out (caffine)..but boy I sure love that cup of coffee in the am.
    Anyway, have one my 20mg. which I think I hold off taking until I'm sure I'm clear of any of the hyper drugs and see what happens.......I thank you so much for your indepth info and I checked your bio...YES your son is very handsome...and was born and grew up in NC....Winston-Salem. Hope you like it there.....I live in So. Calif. now and have for quite a few years....Still miss the South though....
    I'll talk with my dr. on Wed. and go from there.....If you like.....I'll keep you posted!
    Much love and hugs....
    Linda
  3. lindasue

lindasue New Member

Sandy,
    I'll take your advice! Enjoy my home state! I was based in Charlotte when I was a flight attendant with Piedmont/USAir.....I lived in Newnan GA. when I was in the 5th grade....small town u.s.a........
    God Bless,
    Linda