To housebound people on disability

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kdeenak, Apr 22, 2006.

1. kdeenak

kdeenak New Member

I saw a website that helps people on disability who are housebound called moviesforfee dot org. Video stores and individuals donate movies to this online company and they send movies to you for free in the mail (postage free). They require a little bit of information to prove you are on disability.

It looks like a great program and I wanted to share it with you.

Hugs,

Deena
  2. Rene

Rene New Member

Thank you for sharing that! Its great that they are thinking of us and want to help cause they relize how awful it is.
    Thanks and lets keep this bumped.
    Rene

3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

you couldn't click on anything to see how to qualify etc...

just wondered if i was the only one...sounds good fi you can get the infor.

j
  4. skyeone

skyeone New Member

I'll have to check into it and see if there is anything like that in Canada, specifically the province of Manitoba where I live. Thanks for the info

Hugs,
    Skye

PS
    Great pic!
  5. mildred623

mildred623 New Member

Thanks for the info. The place that does this is actually in my hometown. I did check out the site and seen that while the movies are free there is a $5.00 shipping fee. I just emailed them and asked if there is any way to avoid the shipping costs if I would get my daughter to pick the movie up for me. Waiting to hear back from them.
  6. kdeenak

kdeenak New Member

I didn't know about the $5.00 shipping charge! I belong to a freebie board and it was posted on there and they said it was free. I checked it out briefly and i didn't see a postage charge, but I guess there is one :( ? There is a link on the side I am running out the door, but i think it it says something like how to qualify or something like that.

Check out Netflix too. They have pretty good rates, they charge by the month. You can keep one movie at a time if you want, my hubby and I do this and we keep two at a time.

Hugs,

Deena