************ To: ilovecats

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JLH, Nov 4, 2005.

1. JLH

JLH New Member

To Faye -- blood sugar 11/03/05 10:53 PM

Faye,
    The following reply was made to you on another post regarding blood sugar, and I had to look at a few to see which one it was ..... so I thought I would start a new thread to you!

I took 2 Prandin pills before I ate my supper, which was just a sandwich consisting of a slice of olive loaf with a 1/2 teaspoon of Mircle Whip on it, and a small handful of BBQ potato chips (I know - those are a no-no!). That was about 7:00pm.

Then around 9:00 pm I was still hungry and my hubby was in bed (as usual!), so I go me a small bowl of ice cream--my big weakness!

At around 11:00 pm, I took my BS before I came in to get on the computer--when I was taking a bunch of my evening meds--and it was 212 or 243, I can't remember!!

See, I just can't make myself eat the correct food to keep it down. I have felt sooooo bad today, that I didn't fix any supper. We both just had a sandwich for supper. I didn't get up until noon, and had only had a bowl of Cheerios at about 2:00. So I had been hungry all afternoon.

It's almost 2:00 am and I need to get off the computer and go to bed now. But before I go to bed, I will take a shot of 65 units of Lantus and take my Glucophage, 500 mg, tablet.

I know I manage my diabetes terribly. I go to this new endo in 2 weeks and he will probably fuss at me.

My legs are really fair and pale, and then my feet are pretty red all over. I asked him last visit about them, and it just said "oh, that's neuropathy." and that was it!

I asked him about taking regular insulin during the day, and he said "let's not go there just yet". So ???????

What kind of food do you eat during the day to keep your BS stable and low?

Many Hugs,
    Janet

2. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Hi Janet,
    My son had to reformat my Mac and I've been busy all night trying to get it back to normal again.

I did go on Windows to get to Pro Health for a brief time but never got past the first page. lol

Janet, even if I don't eat any snacks with us eating dinner from 7 to 7:30, my sugar will be like 243 at 10 PM.

Tonight, I was working on here so much, I forgot my shot until after 11. Didn't even check my sugar just took 46 u of N. My toes were hurting from the neuropathy and I had taken a Lortab at 6 PM, so couldn't take another one.

I'm still not on the Glucophage or Lantus. I think I need the Lantus to last because I won't be checking my sugar until around noon or later tomorrow.

Janet, I don't eat during the day. I don't get up until 11:45 AM or so and then I wash up, take a bath, whatever, then go down and check sugar and take like 12 of N and 4 of Humalog. I don't eat anything until dinner. Mostly because of my gastroparesis.

Yes, sometimes I will snack at night, but I have been trying to lose weight and not snacking. Have lost 17 pounds since May now.

At one point I could really pile on the food at dinner and eat a lot, I'm trying to cut down on that.

I won't be seeing my endo until 1/25/06. I know he is determined to put me on Glucophage and I have a terrible time with IBS-D, so I know exactly what is going to happen with that.

I'm beginning to think that I am type 1.5 instead of type 2, but I still have a lot of weight to lose.

I gained most of my weight when I was eating 3 x a day, but my gastroparesis was worse.

Sorry I missed your post. I'll go back and try to find some of that before I go to bed. Boy, I'm really hurting from being on here so much tonight. Need to take another Lortab, but they keep me awake, but I doubt I'll have that problem when I do go to bed. lol

I haven't been posting on the board as much as I used too. Mostly have just been reading for the past week or so.

Big hugs,
    Faye
  3. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Bumping for you in case you never saw my reply.
  4. JLH

JLH New Member

I guess I am Type 2, even though I am insulin dependent.

I really don't know that much about my diabetes even though I have been a diabetic for 6 years.

I need to lose soooooooo much weight that it's depressing. That's why my endo is going to start me on those shots. I go back to him in a couple weeks.

I just crave sweets all the time. If I go all day and don't have anything sweet, I'm like a drug addict--I've got to have my fix of sweets!!!

I don't cook the right foods for supper, mainly because I'm not able to stand up long enough to fix anything.

I don't get up until close to noon every day, too, and all I normally eat before supper is a large bowl of unsweetened Cheerios. Of course, I might eat a snack cake or cookies with my morning coffee--it's not really morning--just whenever I get up, then I have my ceral mid-afternoon.

I'm bad to eat candy that I have at my computer desk while I am on the computer--a few hours each evening if I find the time.

Congratulations on losing 17 lbs.! That's great!

I'm going to HAVE TO quit eating so much junk food so I can lose some weight and get my sugar more under control.

Many hugs,
    Janet