TO ILOVECATS94

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by micheline, Apr 20, 2006.

1. micheline

micheline New Member

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INPUT, JUST STARTED ON LOSEC, PANTOLOC DID NOT HELP MUCH, ALSO AS A POINT OF INTEREST, THE ONLY THING i TAKE FOR FIBRO IS 0.5 OF ATIVAN ONCE A DAY WHEN THE PAIN GETS REALLY BAD, HOWEVER i JUST READ ON A SITE THAT ANY BENZO MAKES REFLUX WORST AS IT IS A MUSCLE RELAXANT, HENCE ALLOWING THE STOMACH MUSCLES TO RELAX ALSO AND CAUSING MORE ACID TO ENTER THE ESAPHOGUS, PLEASE FORGIVE THE SPELLING, fRENCH IS MY LANGUAGE, ANYHOW i AM CURIOUS TO GET YOUR INPUT ON BENZO IF YOU ARE FAMILIAR, CAN'T WIN , IT IS THE ONLY THING THAT GIVES MY MUSCLES SOME RELIEF, THANK'S AGAIN AND HOPE THE NIXIUM WORKS FOR YOU , READ ONCE THAT NEXIUM IS JUST ANOTHER NAME FOR LOSEC, MAYBE! HUG BACK TO YOU, MICHE
  2. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Yes, I take Xanax .5 mg. 3 x a day and have for 9 years. I never thought about the fact that it was causing my muscles to relax and could be causing more problems. I really need the Xanax for my FMS.

You can view my profile and see what meds I take for FMS.

You didn't fill out your profile so I didn't know where you live, but you said you speak French, so I assume you are in France, or Canada.

From what I read about Nexium, it takes 4 to 8 weeks, so I have a long way to go to see if it will work for me or not. It is helping, but I'm not feeling "normal" yet in my esophagus and symptoms. I still have to be very careful.

Hugs,
    Faye