To ImDigNiT

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rileyearl, Sep 11, 2005.

1. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

Hi There,

I just read on another thread that you are taking both Effexor and Cymbalta. If you don't mind my asking, I am curious why you are on both?

It's my understanding that they are compounded of the same drugs which work on both seratonin and norepinehrin. I'm currently on 120mg of Cymbalta and it seems to work as well as any other anti-depressant I've tried--including Effexor, some years ago. I also take Wellbutrin 300XR. The Cymbalta is for major depression and hopefully for pain. (The jury is still out on whether it's helping pain.) The Wellbutrin is for chronic low-level depression.

I think the Cymbalta is a lot cheaper than Effexor.

Thank you!

Francie
  2. ImDigNiT

ImDigNiT New Member

Believe it or not I was put on those two medications because I was trying to get approved for long term disability.

The Dr. from Unum turned me down and suggested these two meds to my Dr. to help with the fibro. Needless to say, my regular Dr. was pissed that this Dr. who had never seen me was trying to treat me. I agreed to try them only because I wanted to show that I was trying to work with them.

Supposedly the Cymbalta is supposed to help with the pain but I have not notice a difference. When I return to Florida, I am in Denver going to the FFC I am going to consult with my Dr. about this.

Thanks for your concern and let me know if you have any further comments on this.

Peaceful mind and body to all.

Marcia