To jamin: Methylation is needed to make Co Q-10

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by richvank, Apr 8, 2010.

1. richvank

richvank New Member

Hi, jamin.

I was unable to reply directly to your thread, because the board isn't showing a Reply button.

I just want to note that in my hypothesis, the reason for the Co Q-10 deficiency in CFS is that the methylation cycle is partially blocked. The decreased methylation capacity that results causes lowered production of several substances needed by the body, including Co Q-10, carnitine, creatine, choline and others.

Supplementing one or more of these can be of some benefit, but much more benefit at lower cost can be derived by fixing the root problem, i.e., by lifting the methylation cycle block.

Best regards,

2. dianeacat

dianeacat New Member

If anyone has taken this test, how much does the test cost? Does anyone know how much this test costs? I am on cortef, should I be taking the Phosphatidyl Serine Complex. I have always heard that this should be taken to lower cortisol levels. I don't need to lower my levels. Should you take this product with low cortisol levels? Can you leave this product off the list?
    [This Message was Edited on 04/09/2010]
  3. dmholmes

dmholmes New Member

It was $300 when I took it last September. Rich would be the best comment on the Phosphatidyl Serine Complex. I have it but only took it a couple of times.

Take care,
  4. deliarose

deliarose New Member

The post quoted above by Aussiewoman was mine & was reposted without authorisation from another members-only list. (so not cool!) I have asked the mods to take it down.

But as long as its up here, and because it was taken out of context, I just wanted to clarify a couple of things.

I don't think his protocol "doesn't work very well." I misspoke when I said that.

I would say I am about 30 or 35% improved on this protocol & I know it's helped a lot of folks.

What I was trying to say in a sloppily-written and not particularly thoughtful post is that I think the simplified protocol may be the first step in fixing a broken methylation cycle but it may not be sufficient.

There seem to be a lot of moving parts to this and to do it properly may require a lot of testing.

In retrospect, I wish I had done more testing...but then I balked at doing the fuller, more complicated Yasko protocol because of the cost and the complexity, & people on here seem to have real difficulties ordering one $300 test!

I don't think I'm saying anything that Rich hasn't already said.. just saying there is nothing simple about the solution to this problem we call CFS!!

(I'll delete this message when the mods get around to pulling aussiewoman's post.. cos I don't think it adds much to the discussion.)