To Jeanne-in-Canada re. natural thyroid sources

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jfrustrated, Dec 27, 2005.

1. jfrustrated

jfrustrated New Member

Dear Jeanne-in-Canada

Thanks for responding to my post re. low adrenals and thyroid med.

I would really appreciate any info. re. natural adrenal supplements that you can give - brands, contents, sources, doses, web sites for purchase, ones to avoid etc.

I went to the local large health shop and all they had was a mix called Adrenoplex. It seemed to be a lot of different ginsings and a few vitamins and minerals. The local naturopath also could not help. I am really looking for adrenal extracts - I think.

I think I shall have to order them over the net from the US. Can't seen to find anything here in Aust. And I would like to try them before I see the doc. so he can order another cortisol saliva test to check adrenal function before I decide if I want to go the hydrocortisone route.

By the way, could you also send me some snow? It is 33c (high 90's f) here at the moment and there is rumour that we shall have a series of 38+c
    ( i.e., 100f +) in the first week of 2006. Really helps with the flushes and fatigue - but a least gives me another 'excuse' to do little.
  2. jfrustrated

jfrustrated New Member

3. jfrustrated

jfrustrated New Member

4. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

Do a little research on Seriphos. I think it's an amino acid thing? I use it. :)
  5. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

Can't give you an indepth atm, but I have this tagged now for when my head is clearer. Still recovering from Christmas liek the rest of us poor slobs (it was worth it though for me).

You shouldn't have to order from the US, since glandulars are usually always sourced from New Zealand, because of natural farming and lack of mad cow reasons. You definitely want the real glands though, multis are best.

More later. Oh, and you can have all the snow your little heart desires. If you can save it from the freezing rain, that is.

You poor, poor thing w/ all that hot weather!

Jeanne
  6. Jeanne-in-Canada

7. jfrustrated

jfrustrated New Member

Jeanne-in-Canada

Thanks for your reply. Will appreciate more info. when you are up to it. Meanwhile, I shall check out multigland stuff from NZ.

Actually, I'll take the rain too. Qld is technically in drought, our dams are only 1/3 full and we have water restrictions. If we don't get some serious rain and cyclones, by the end of January, we shall have to move to level three water restrictions - no watering of yard, except by bucket and swimming pools may have to be drained, and covered.

Take care.
  8. Jeanne-in-Canada

The glandulars have helped me so much, you wouldn't believe what I did yesterday (I can't). My temperature is mostly normal, and we have -20 C outside and I smoke my 5 cigs a day outside only. My sex drive is also coming back, I totally attacked my fiance the other day as he came out of the shower. Probably too much info, but so many woman have problems w/ drive.

I ran out for about 2 weeks before Christmas, and everything quickly went downhill again. Moodswings back, crying jags and such. I have severe fall/winter SAD and it's taken the edge off that so much.

These results came from the pure animal glands, no herbal combos. Combos are too risky because of sensitivities. I haven't stuck to conservative doses either, I've taken high doses.

If you click on my name and go back some pages, you'll find titles on other glandular threads, like when I started the Dr. Wilson's brand. Others recommended brands taht worked for them too.

Jeanne
  9. jfrustrated

jfrustrated New Member

Thanks for the info: I could not find anything in New Zealand and so have ordered some from Teitelbaum's site:

I have been reading Wilson's book and he mentioned hypothalamus extracts - so tomorrow I shall try his site and start comparing contents of bottles and look back through your threads. Too tired today.

Take care.