To Jelly -

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Applyn59, Jun 10, 2003.

1. Applyn59

Applyn59 New Member

Hi Jelly,

I always blame my FMS on my back surgery, but am beginning to wonder. After the
    surgery (which was unsuccessful), I took walks every day. Taking a 10 minute
    would KILL me. I always told my mother that I felt like I dug ditches all day. I always blamed my fatigue
    on my back pain. That was in 91. I was diagnosed with FMS in 94.

I never really tried to analyze my FMS, but reading this board and others started me
    thinking about a few things that I have put in the past.

When I was in 5th grade I was very sick and missed two months of school. (LOL - I wrote work and had to fix it). I remember my teacher (later) telling me she thought I looked like I had leukemia. I just remember being sick as a dog and going from dr. to dr. I just asked my mother if I was diagnosed with
    an infection or anything. She says I was on antibiotics but she thinks it was for a urine infection.

Also, when I was 19 (1981) I was a phlebotomist in the local hospital for an internship and summer job. One day when I had to draw blood from a surgery patient, the operating nurse gave me the needle back without a cover and she stuck me. The patient either had or was being tested for Hepatitis. I know I went to
    the ER and was given immuno globulin or something like that.

Also, prior to my back injury, in around 1987, I went on vacation to Mexico and came back so very very sick. None of my friends got sick and we all pretty much did the same thing. I was very careful and didn't eat any fruit or veggies or their water, etc. THat was the sickest I have ever been.

Also have had a very infected subcutoneas cyst
    that I believe was infected for many months.
    I kept swelling right below my neck big time.
    It finally turned red. It caused lots of pain. I had
    it lanced and the dr. (who sang F. Sinatra songs
    throughout), couldn't believe I could stand all the
    pain. He thought the amount of pus was extremely
    large volume. He couldn't believe I didn't jump
    off the table when he injected me. I, of course, replied
    that I am used to being in pain constantly!

I am wondering if any of this could be a factor at all in this DD? Like I said, I never thought about it before
    and none of my drs are aware of this. Not that I think they would think anything of it. Just wondering if you
    think anything sounds plausible and if maybe it would help me get a dr. to test me for mycoplasmas? I have
    never really forced the issue with my dr.- but then again, I don't even know if he is aware of this angle. It would be so nice to find a dr. who actually did as much research as I do!

Also wondering about hypercoagulation. I need to be checked for hepatitis and lyme.

Sorry if you don't want to reply. It just seems like you are
    in tune to losts of this stuff. If you don't mind, I would
    just like your thoughts.

Thanks for listening.

Lynn

PS I guess I always put more focus into getting rid of the FMS then how I got it.
  2. Applyn59

Applyn59 New Member

3. Applyn59

Applyn59 New Member

4. Applyn59

Applyn59 New Member

Jelly,

I have been reading your posts and others.
    I am up to my neck in research on hep, lyme,
    mycos and hypercoag!!!! I wish my brain
    could be clearer. Maybe I should go see
    the Wizard of Oz!

Lynn