To: JLH aka: Janet...from: Doxy

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by doxygirl, Apr 23, 2007.

1. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

Hi Janet,

I told you I would let you know what5 happened with that judgement here Iam letting you know ;)

I faxed them last thursday...and today I got a letter from them ...."you were right" they cut the total in half!

They did ask me to mail a 250.00 payment now....and gave me until the end of May to pay the remaining.....I have to say that this was a GOOD day today to hear this!

I was so sick yesterday and wanted to just give up....not only did I feel awful....but this judgement issue was worrying me terribly......

I feel better today...and this helped to make me feel even better mentally!

Thanks to you and everyone else who gave me words fo wisdom, support, and good advice on this issue.......

Thanks for always being in my corner Janet......your support and caring for me does not go unnoticed and I wanted to let you know how much I appreciate every time you are here for me.........

I hope that I can give that back to you......Iam here for you too..........

Hugs and thanks,
    [This Message was Edited on 04/23/2007]
  2. JLH

JLH New Member

I am SO very thrilled for you that they cut your total in half!!

I know the worry from something like this can make you sick. I'm glad that they gave you a little time for the rest of the payment; however, "until May" really isn't that long! It's like one month--and how many people really have that much extra in one month?

But at least you didn't have to pay it all right now, and you didn't have to go to court.

I'm always here for you Doxy. I'm not on the board as much as I used to be, or as much as I would like to be, but I try to get on as many days of the week as I can.

While we're on this subject, I'll tell you that my mother-in-law got another letter today in the mail about a judgement against her for $900.87 -- another bill that her drug-addicted daughter had run up in her name and not paid. I asked the guy how old the debt was and he said 2 years plus 320 days!

This bill was for a Visa that she had taken out in her mother's name. When Visa could not collect, they sold the account to a collection agency. Well, now that collection agency sold the account to another agency! I was dealing with this new agency.

I started my negotiations with this new agency at a $450.00 settlement. However, I was only able to negotiate the total bill down to $810.00 because the new agency had just purchased the account and not enough time had passed for them to get any interest mounted up, so he said they didn't have any leeway to deal with me no matter what the circumstances were.

So .... the end result can not always be a happy one, but you always have to start out trying!!! You never know until you try!! I begged, pleaded, gave this guy the "sorry" story about how my MIL did not even know this bill existed, etc., but nothing worked!

My MIL's daughter had been destroying all of these notices for the last 3 years. Now we had my MIL's mailing address changed to our address, so now we are getting all of the notices in the mail! The daughter has just about bankrupted my MIL.

Back to you ..... again, I am glad that the end result turned out better than you expected. When you owe money, it's never good!!!, but it's better than what you thought it was going to be!!

Remember, dear friend, that I'm wishing you only the best in the days ahead!! (I'm sure there will be a time that I will be crying in your beer!!! LOL)

Love and hugs,
  3. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

Iam here for you too Janet!

What your MIL's daughter did is beyond words!

Is there anyway you could file BK or have you come too far getting most of the accounts settled to do that?"

What are the reprocutions for this girl?

I had my credit card stolen out of my purse once ( it was my boss whom I thought was also a good friend ) I worked with her for about 4 years and I still feel hurt and sadness when I think about it.........

Needless to say it finished off our friendship........and now I don't ever leave my purse anywhere that Iam not with it..........

She charged enough to make my life miserable....but also wasn't stupid.....she did little enough where no one even the bank wanted to go after her......

the bank even tried to say they weren't going to reimburse me.....because "I signed the charge slips" I was so angry no one would help I told them "FINE SINCE I SIGNED THEM..........YOU NEED TO GET THE SURVEILANCE TAPES OF THAT DAY AND THAT TRANSACTIONS(S) AND SHOW ME....."ME" SIGNING THE SLIPS!

That was the end of that......they knew if I was asking for that they would lose so they reimbursed me......but I have never forgotten this violation and it has changed my perception of being able to trust others immensly!

Iam so sorry that "YOU" are having to deal with this.......but always remember "what goes around....comes around"!

Thanks again for your support and words of wisdom!

4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

glad it is looking better.

i usually go on the porchlight section these days. so that is where i give my usual almost daily updates....

we keep it light to letting off some steam on our chest.

so i am in college....trying to get psychology degree. too darn young to stay on ssdi forever...i'll be happy to work one day a week when i am down.

dealing w/state voc rehab trying to help me out, but i am not too sure if they are much help for me or not...have another appt on may 4th.

i was sexually assualted 2/22/ now i am still dealing w/some of the physical and emotional reprecussions of this idiot...acquaitance rape....luckily from what i recall there wasn't no penetration...they guy will get off scott free if i persue it or even if the da will take the case. most likely i will drop the whole darn thing because his attorney's will want to make me out to some crazy drunken person.....

the bartender said to police i had only one beer served to me that night...and boom i was out of it....long story...

but it has been traumatic for me...and the arsehole came up to my apt and found cody there...made a comment to me, which i don't recall that i didn't know you had a kid....surprise...then he talke his way out the door w/me into a motel...

well the tendonitis elbow surgery i had got ruined to this jerk...i had to stuff gauze and take antibiotic in my arm for two months and it was finally healing then this j.a. did what he did.

well i still need to get my carpal tunnel done and he ruined my right shoulder...and left wrist..

it has been tough emotionally for me..the the bf that i had at the time dumped...anyways...i needed some time to myself anyways..

5. JLH

JLH New Member

As of right now, there won't be any repercussions for my SIL who is doing all this to her mother (my MIL). Only because my MIL will not allow us to prosecute her like we should do! She could easily be charged with "misuse of Power of Attorney" or maybe even fraud and a whole lot more!

She is her only daughter and has always been her favorite child out of her 4 children--I don't know why though!! LOL She has been nothing but trouble since the girl was 13!

My DH makes sure he tells his mother everything that we have caught her in, but his mother still won't let us do anything to her.

When the day comes that his mother's money is all gone and WE have to pay for her mistakes--you can bet things will be different--as least if I have anything to say about it!!!!

6. JLH

JLH New Member

I am really saddened to hear about your assault. Nobody should have to endure anything so horrendous.

I'm also sorry to hear about all the damage that was done to your surgeries.

I could never understand creeps like that. I hope he gets what he is due in the end.

But I do agree with you that his attorney would really make you out to look like the person in the wrong if he got you on the witness stand. That's really sad, too.

I hate it that this emotional trauma will be with you for a long, long time.

May God bless you, dear.

Love and hugs,
  7. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

thank you for your sympothy...but it could have been much worse...but i will survive just will take more therapy and time to heal...

well gonna move on here...

thank you for your acknowledgment plus i am sure the man will walk scott free.