To Joannie !

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lin21, Jan 7, 2003.

1. lin21

lin21 New Member

Hi Joannie,

I know your interview is coming up tomorrow. I had mine yesterday a.m. and the woman was very nice and took down all my information and said she would be sending me all the forms in the mail.
    It was pretty painless so far.
    Good luck with yours tomorrow.

Lin
  2. joannie1

joannie1 New Member

I am really glad that things went well for you. I am dreading it to be honest. I have to sit down and do the paperwork today. (Nothing like waiting until the last minute ha) I know the last time i went through this they were very nice too. I just hate all the darn paperwork involved. AND the long waiting period. I just pray that due to unjust decisions last time this time things will go fast and I will get it right away. I still say I was turned down due to back pay of over two years... Oh well i pray that yours goes quick and thanks for the encouragement.
    Good luck and take care okay.
    Joannie
  3. lin21

lin21 New Member

Hi Joannie---

I am waiting for the paperwork to arrive and then I guess I'll start to fill it out and try to get it back asap. I thought they were going to ask much more information over the phone though.
    Again, I'm still waiting on my Dr. to send that letter for my appeal to my LTD carrier and he should (or should I BETTER) have it there by the end of the week.
    My STD is running out in a few weeks, so I have to get something working soon.
    You said previously that you have been trying for SSD since March and this is your second try, right? Do you have a lawyer? I read so many people get lawyers to represent them and now I read it's free through legal aid?
    The woman gave me a good feeling (I hope it's not a false sense) , maybe I'll be one of the lucky ones (I hope).
    She also told me my daughter would be eligble for something too, which I was glad to hear, every litle bit helps.
    Well good luck tomorrow and let me know how you make out.

Feel good.
    Lin
  4. joannie1

joannie1 New Member

I hope that everything goes through for you with the LTD. Doctors can be slow sometimes. How well we know right...
    I have an attorney yes. He settled my workers comp claim and is doing my disability for nothing. (Not because he is a nice guy though..Long story. But I too have yet another law suit pending. That is the only reason I am still with him.) If I were you I would wait to see if you get approved. if you get denied then i would do the Attorney thing. Legal aid would be great that way it isn't much of what they will take if anything at all. I have three kids' so it is nice that they too are involved with this i think. If you have all your medical documentation I really am suggesting you take that in to the SS office too. If you can and feel up to it you could even call the Doctors offices and ask for copies of your records and take them in to the SS office. Trust me you are going to wait on a decision until they get ALL of your records, read them over, and then some guy behind a desk decides if you meet the criteria.
    Lin, I was at the appeals counsel level and had to begin from there all over so I know the games they play. You can help in some sense by giving them as much medical info that you can. And when you get your papers there are a million questions. It is just more flusterating then anything i think.
    Keep me informed with everything okay. And thank you so much for caring I truly appreciate that. I will keep you informed too. By the way, i still haven't done my papers yet.... I will in the morning i guess. Ususally not this way. Oh well.
    Thaks,
    Joannie
  5. lin21

lin21 New Member

Thanks so much for all the information, I'm sure I'll have a bunch of questions once I get my papers or once I find out if I get denied or not. I appreciate your help.
    Things have been so tough since this started that I'm hoping maybe things will start going a little smoother for me.
    So how old are your children? My daughter is 8 and I am having a hard time . She likes to push your buttons and it seems like when I warn her that I'm not feeling well she really acts up. My husband just went back to a later start time at work which means he gets home much later, so I'm trying to hold down the fort. I have no support since my closest supporter returned to work. My cousin lived only a few blocks away so when I couldn't stand up she would run her to school for me.
    I'm having a bad day today , my sleep deprivation has worsened , at least before if I couldn't get to sleep I would nap during the day, now I can't seem to be able to do that.
    Good luck tomorrow,
    Lin
  6. joannie1

joannie1 New Member

Everything went well today. It didn't take long due to the fact everything is in the system still from before. I asked if it was going to hurt my claim due to the past one. She said no, infact if anything it will help due to the fact that it is progressing and that I have since attempted to work with no success.
    I know how children can be..
    If you want my e-mail address let me know we will e-mail each other okay.
    Take care.
    joannie
  7. lin21

lin21 New Member

Hi Joannie,

Glad to hear everything went well. I have been in a major flare up since Wednesday night and wasn't on the boards yesterday. Yes, please send me your email, that will be great. I got my paperwork yesterday and plan to sit down with it by Monday. Do you believe the Dr. didn't send that letter yet, I'm getting really annoyed with him, this has been going on since 12/14. If it's not done by Monday I'm going to explode and I have appt. to see him on Thursday, so he better watch out.

Hope all is well.
    Lin