To Joellen

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BethM, Oct 11, 2002.

1. BethM

BethM New Member

thanks for the input. I was just thinking this morning that I could use some moral support with this trigger point stuff. I've had some success, it's easy to find the points that really hurt! and it does help ease some of the pain. I'm concentrating on lower and middle back, and the carpal tunnel problems. Haven't had much time for study, though, as work has been way too busy, and I've been exhausted by the time I get home. I really like that it is non-drug, and non-doctor, and it gives ME control. That helps all by itself! I need to spend some time with the book and really study. Maybe this weekend, as we don't have any plans, for once! I can use a quiet weekend at home, it'll be nice.

It's good to know that you are feeling better!

Peace,
    Beth.
  2. BethM

BethM New Member

thanks for the input. I was just thinking this morning that I could use some moral support with this trigger point stuff. I've had some success, it's easy to find the points that really hurt! and it does help ease some of the pain. I'm concentrating on lower and middle back, and the carpal tunnel problems. Haven't had much time for study, though, as work has been way too busy, and I've been exhausted by the time I get home. I really like that it is non-drug, and non-doctor, and it gives ME control. That helps all by itself! I need to spend some time with the book and really study. Maybe this weekend, as we don't have any plans, for once! I can use a quiet weekend at home, it'll be nice.

It's good to know that you are feeling better!

Peace,
    Beth.
  3. fibolady

fibolady New Member

i didn't read your first post, but i am doing the trigger point manual too. can't believe how ropey my neck is, layers and layers.

i like using the tennis balls best, just my preference. i bought a hard rubber ball at the pet store. it works great in the tub. i have a whirlpool but can't use it because it literally beats me up. but the hot soak with epsom salts are great. the rubber ball works great in the tub.

i need to "study" the manual more too and would love to have one of the theracanes.

warm regards, fibolady

4. BethM

BethM New Member

a trigger point mashing group!
    Beth.
  5. BethM

BethM New Member

about your boobs rising two inches when you get finished with the trigger points! Gives me another goal to work on for myself!

My lower back was so painful this morning when I crawled out of bed I thought I was going to have to spend more time there with a heating pad and take something for the pain, but then I thought, wait! trigger points! Found my tennis ball in a sock, and 'ironed' out multiple trigger points in the gluteus muscles. What a difference! Some of the points brought tears to my eyes, they hurt so much, but I guess that means the treatment was very much needed. I've been doing things all morning, now, including putting together care packages for my sons who are away at school. Can't believe the difference. I'm a different person when I'm not so crippled with pain. Amazing. And it's all in MY CONTROL!!!

I, too, find trigger points everywhere. But I'm focusing on the ones that affect me most in daily living, my back and hands. I'll get to the rest when I can. Can't believe that there are so many. I used to think everyone had sore spots all over. Sad, to think I thought this is normal.

I like feeling empowered, that I can do something for myself, without anyone's permission or a referral or appointments needed. That knowledge helps, even on really bad days.

Peace,
    Beth.
  6. BethM

BethM New Member

I've been working on the trigger points for low back pain, using the tennis ball in a sock either on the floor or against a wall. It helps for awhile, then the pain comes back. Am I doing something wrong, maybe, or do I just need to keep on mashing those critters? I'm expecting miracles, I know. I do have degenerating discs in my lumbar spine, tnat's been verified with MRI's. But there are people who have worse discs than mine who don't have pain, so I'm still betting that the trigger point work will help.

Thanks,
    Beth.
  7. fibolady

fibolady New Member

just to check in to say i am still mashing my neck. i think i need to up the number of times i do it a day after rereading your posts. i believe my range of motion in my neck has improved. everytime i touch my neck it is still sore, but does not bother me being sore to touch, guess the allover pain of the fms makes it seem like nothing much to complain about!

warm regards, fibolady

8. BethM

BethM New Member

I skimmed over the first part of the book, but was so excited about the treatment that I didn't read it thoroughly. "When in doubt, read the directions", as they say. *g* Silly me! I'm impatient, too, want so very much to feel better, as we all do! This is a tough time for me, being very premenstrual right now, so I may back off of the mashing a little. Hurts just to type at the moment. This too, shall pass in a few days. I get to go home in about 45 minutes. Sounds good to me!

Peace,
    Beth.
  9. BethM

BethM New Member

It's encouraging to hear that your neck is moving better, congratulations on that success! Gives me incentive to stay with this program, even when it hurts. I appreciate you!

Peace,
    Beth.
  10. BethM

BethM New Member

I'm encouraged by your success, and keep reminding myself I haven't been mashing too long yet. I intend to keep up with it, mostly in the evenings at home, though. It's kinda difficult to do much at work. It's amazing how new trigger points pop up as I work on others. No wonder I've been so achy and sore for so long!

Onward to more mashing!

Peace,
    Beth.
  11. fibolady

fibolady New Member

2 day on, 3rd day rest. i still can't believe how stringy my neck is but i am not going to give up. i can feel those little pin size pockets (like in the illustration) pop and then when i mash again they are gone (or moved somewhere else) so that is encouraging.

i have been in a bad flare this week so have been mashing and stretching a lot, even my back. seems my back always favors one side that will get stringy and tight. i notice this doing my stretching exercises too, one side will be a lot more flexible and the other i can hardly sit and touch my knee.

warm regards, fibolady
  12. BethM

BethM New Member

yet, maybe they will after awhile. the bigger ones take deeper pressure to release, but the little ones are sooooo painful! (like the ones in the intercostal muscles in the ribs. yikes.) I need to be tougher, I think. I like to idea of 2 days on and one day off from the mashing. Although I find my hands just straying to the spots on my arms and my neck without even thinking about it. Then it hurts and I wonder what the heck am I doing??

Peace,
    Beth.[This Message was Edited on 10/15/2002]
  13. BethM

BethM New Member

That is the goal, I suppose. Sometimes I will press on someone else's muscles and ask them, "does that hurt?" and I'm amazed when they say "no". Someday I hope to have that experience. In the meantime, after the pain, we hope for relief.

Peace,
    Beth.