To JP - read your profile

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by urge2soar, Sep 17, 2003.

1. urge2soar

urge2soar New Member

Your profile is fascinating. It is very hard to let go of what we thought our lives would be...and yes, many people do not know of my health condition also. If they did, they wouldn't understand it. Only close friends and my family are aware. I see that you have not informed your parents. You are putting up a good front, but is it for your benefit or theirs? That alone can be tiring.

Living our lives at a fast pace and multi-tasking every moment has definitely played a part in my situation. I would not have come so far spiritually if not for this dis-ease. It is a time to go inward. And when I have good days it is a time to give back.

The best of luck to you on your journey. "You don't always get what you want, you don't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find...you get what you need." Do you remember that verse? You may be too young. :)

Brightest Blessings,

Soaring
    [This Message was Edited on 09/17/2003]
  2. JP

JP New Member

how kind of you to read my profile and post a note. I read your profile as well. Our spiritual paths seem similar. I wouldn't trade age for wisdom either.

As far as my parents are concerned, they are aware that I have some serious disabling problems with my spine. It's not invisible due to MRI's, CT's and a lovely Discogram. They also live 4 1/2 hours (drive) away from me. I don't share much about my well being for their sake. I think Mother's worry too much anyway. And my Dad, he worries as much or more than my Mom does!

I too am a CMT. I have used these wonderful skills for 23 years now. Time flies...I am not able to do much anymore, and I am able to help a friend or family member in need. I spent six months and many supervised hours learning different types of bodywork. My pre-med education was very helpful at gaining new understanding of human function.

I do not have children and I can only imagine how difficult it is to care for your family while trying to care for yourself. I hope that it is a good thing for everyone to have your 10-year-old back in school.

And yes, "You Cant Always Get What You Want," Rolling Stones...I am that old. It helps to have older brothers. I was listening to cool music before my time...

Thanks again for the note...take care...Jan

[ advertisement ]