To kadywill

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by GILL, Sep 23, 2002.

1. GILL

GILL New Member

I wanted to recheck before i answerered your query.

This is what i heard from the writers board. I belong to a poetry group from the M.E society in UK and have also had a couple of poems published. The only prob i had was finding the copyright symbol on my keyboard!! ( Still can't)

Hope this helps

Gill

copyright 09/12/02 12:13 PM

You legally own anything you write. You wrote it and it is yours. The first time it is published, you can add the copyright symbol and the word "copyright", your name and date. Some people do a variation of this. Actual publication is the requirement for a copyright, whether it is printed in a book, a pamphlet, on the internet, wherever.

This is your legal and valid copyright. But if you register it with the US Copyright office, you are legally protected.

The nice thing is that our computers save with the date and if someone steals your work, you can prove it in court with the date on your computer that it is earlier than the stolen version.

I've posted on several web groups and never had anything stolen - but who knows? Unless you have a valuable piece that is worth lots of money, it would never go to court anyway.

Hope this helped.

2. GILL

GILL New Member

I wanted to recheck before i answerered your query.

This is what i heard from the writers board. I belong to a poetry group from the M.E society in UK and have also had a couple of poems published. The only prob i had was finding the copyright symbol on my keyboard!! ( Still can't)

Hope this helps

Gill

copyright 09/12/02 12:13 PM

You legally own anything you write. You wrote it and it is yours. The first time it is published, you can add the copyright symbol and the word "copyright", your name and date. Some people do a variation of this. Actual publication is the requirement for a copyright, whether it is printed in a book, a pamphlet, on the internet, wherever.

This is your legal and valid copyright. But if you register it with the US Copyright office, you are legally protected.

The nice thing is that our computers save with the date and if someone steals your work, you can prove it in court with the date on your computer that it is earlier than the stolen version.

I've posted on several web groups and never had anything stolen - but who knows? Unless you have a valuable piece that is worth lots of money, it would never go to court anyway.

Hope this helped.

[ advertisement ]