To Kathryn, from Oregon..

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Dara, Oct 17, 2002.

1. Dara

Dara New Member

Hi, I read your posting regarding State disability. I also am from Oregon and am curious about what you wrote about SSD benefits being unjustly denied and that there had been a lawsuit from the State of Oregon regardin this. Could you please elaborate a little more on the subject?? Perhaps you'll have some information that I don't have that could help to get my SSD decision sooner??? I would really appreciate anything you can tell me.

Thanks,
    Dara
  2. Dara

Dara New Member

Hi, I read your posting regarding State disability. I also am from Oregon and am curious about what you wrote about SSD benefits being unjustly denied and that there had been a lawsuit from the State of Oregon regardin this. Could you please elaborate a little more on the subject?? Perhaps you'll have some information that I don't have that could help to get my SSD decision sooner??? I would really appreciate anything you can tell me.

Thanks,
    Dara
  3. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

SS is a federal agency, but it is administered by the indivdual states. I don't remember the exact date, but I believe it was about 5 years ago, Oregon was successfully sued for denying SSDI benefits to persons who should have had them granted. Since that time, it has been easier to get benefits approved in Oregon. I am guessing that denials now are more carefully examined at the federal level. If you have an attorney, he/she should be familiar with the situation. If not, you could check the archives at the Oregonian on line or at the library. Hope this helps you. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, if you'll do the same for me.
    Kathryn
  4. Dara

Dara New Member

thanks for the reply, and yes I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Are you at the re-consideration stage or are you just beginning the long drawn out process?

Dara
  5. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

I am just starting my process. I turned in the initial application in August, and have done two loads of additional paperwork. They said I should hear something by the middle of December. I have Scott Davis from Arizona on standby should they deny my claim. I have heard that he is one of the best. Hope you do well with your claim.
    Kathryn

[ advertisement ]