To KJ2003 - We live in the same town.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kinsie, Sep 19, 2005.

1. Kinsie

Kinsie New Member

I just noticed where you replied to a post from someone in Texas, and see you are from Texarkana. So am I!

I have lived here for over 40 years.

Do you attend a FM support group?

Nice to meet you.

Kinsie
    [This Message was Edited on 09/19/2005]
  2. KJ2003

KJ2003 New Member

Hi Kinsie,

We just moved here about four months ago, from Salina Kansas, due to job offers. I have always been a southern girl, raised in Memphis and also Hot Springs Arkansas...but this is the first time my mid-western husband has lived in the south. And he's been spending a LOT of time sweating. LOL.

Is this not the WORST summer (heat-wise) we've had in quite a while? It's the middle of September and we'll have a heat index of 104 tomorrow. YUCK!

No, I don't attend a support group as I'm still trying to learn my way around. Do you attend one? I'd love to learn more about you, your interests, your condition and how you manage.

Please feel free to email me at kholiday951 at yahoo dot com. Also, I do the mid-day show on KOOL 95.1 (Kim Holiday). If you like oldies and retro music, you'll like this station.

:D

Thanks so much for posting!

Chin up,

Kim

3. Kinsie

Kinsie New Member

I'm originally from Kansas, so I can imagine how awful this heat, and humidity must be for your husband.

No, I don't attend a support group. I went to one once, but it didn't amount to much.

My brother-in-law was in radio for years. His name was Larry Kent ( Larry Sharp). He passed away a couple of years ago. At one time he had worked for KKYR. He also had a radio program a long time ago in San Antonio. Have you ever heard of him?

As far as FM goes, I've probably had it for a long time, but was diagnosed about 7 years ago. I also have osteoarthritis. I'm able to work, and I'm thankful for that. When I read how bad some of the ones are on this board, I don't know how they make it.

I take Arthrotec ( did take Vioxx until they did away with it.) I also take a couple of other medications, but it doesn't seem like any of it helps much.

I describe the pain as being like a toothache all over my body!!!

I'll be back in touch.

Kinsie

[This Message was Edited on 09/19/2005]
  4. KJ2003

KJ2003 New Member

No, I haven't heard of him. Like I said, I'm new to this area and new to all of its residents.

Send me an email when you can. I'll look forward to hearing from you!

Kim