To Klutzo on Guai

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Tibbiecow, Apr 26, 2003.

1. Tibbiecow

Tibbiecow New Member

Klutzo,
    I think you are on the right track with guai but you might have a flat tire. This is really a tough thing to do by yourself, even with a BUNCH of internet help, even good help. I would feel better if you took your tight budget and squeeeeezed, and found one of the doctors, massage therapists or chiropractors somewhere nearby who can work with you on your guai journey. The guai practitioners are on the guaidoc website. This way you would know for sure that you are on your way back to a better body.
    Guai is not for the faint of heart, and I know you can do it, you're one tough cookie.
    Tibbie
  2. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I will look at the website and see if anyone is near me, but I would be very surprised to find anyone around here. This part of the country is backwards in so many ways.
    Klutzo
  3. Tibbiecow

Tibbiecow New Member

I don't know Florida at all, but I saw several Florida and Georgia practitioners. I also saw that you aren't too far from my dear Uncle Ted and Aunt Dee from Siesta Key!
    Good Luck,
    Tibbie
  4. TNhayley

TNhayley New Member

It's a whole heck of a lot easier if you have some face to face support. My mom and I have done it without much more than doc who will RX guai and each other ... and the guai support group. It's taken me years of trial and error to get to a place where I feel like I really understand it, to know exactly what a cycle feels like, to read my body's clues that I am cycling, and to know when and if I am blocking.

The thing I worry about with you is that, even though you say you can tolerate a pretty high dose, you might burn out before you start to see the wonderful results. It's a lot of work for your body, and going too high just adds to the load. Most of all, have patience. Hugs,
    Hayley
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Dr. Kenneth Galang is fantastic here in South Ft. Myers. He is very experienced in the Guai treatment, is a gentle man who listens, and learns as much from his patients as he teaches them. This is how he got so knowledgeable.

Love, Mikie
  6. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I found two, both are a 2 hr. drive one-way through heavy interstate traffic. One is a doc in Hudson, and one is a nurse in Mulberry who studied under Dt. St. Amand. My husband would have to take off work without pay (he is self-employed) and take me there and back.
    I really think I am doing OK. I am not about to give up due to a little pain. I endured pain worse than this the first two yrs. I had Fibro.
    As far as mapping lumps, I am very cynical, and think anyone who is being paid to map is going to find that the lumps get smaller (see how cynical I am). Besides, I really don't have lumps anymore. I have taken large doses of Calcium Citrate for over 15 yrs. and as Mikie once pointed out to me, that may have been very slowly helping to clear my phosphate debris, since it is recommended to do that in the Guai book.
    The last lumps were in my wrists, and they disappeared about 2 yrs. ago.
    Before starting the Guai, the only real pain I had was in my neck, due to DDD at C6 and 7. My major problem since menopause is not pain, but neurological stuff....like my brain is turning to mush, and I can't tolerate foolish people at all.
    Since going on Guai, I am having a lot more pain, and very few good days. I was told to look for good days after being on Guai awhile, but since I've been having lots of good days since I went through menopause, I guess it's good that I am having so much pain, so I will notice that the good days mean something when they come.
    Mikie and others warned me about the online support group causing a bombardment of unwanted e-mail, and I don't have time for that.
    Thanks for your concern though; I do appreciate it.
    Klutzo
  7. Jude

Jude New Member

I have read some of your posts and know that you are a very knowledgable person. I believe you when you said that you had two lumps on your wrists years ago. When I first started the guai protocol I thought of lumps as things that resembled hives or pimples. I did not know that the front thigh muscle could be one long lump because the phosphates were packed in so tight. Or the deltoid muscle could be one solid lump. Could this be possible with you? I'm a test case for my internal med dr so I am actually training him. It is ideal to have a knowledgeable dr with the guai but the protocol can be done without one.

Jude
  8. klutzo

klutzo New Member

The lumps I had were like oval petrified wood only made of muscle. My Rheumy called them "indural nodulations" due to severe fibro, but my Primary doc freaked out and thought I had myosarcoma (muscle cancer). They were each about the size of a plum, and I had similar ones in my shoulders when I first got fibro. Having them in the wrists and shoulders was probably due to all the typing I did at work. They were very easy to feel, and in fact, I used them to convince my primary doc that fibro was a real thing....he thought I was making it up until he felt the wrist lumps. My lumps convinced him to go to a fibro seminar for his next CEU credits.
    I suppose my entire quadriceps could be one big lump as you mention, but I never have had any pain there. In the end, I am not going to be convinced by any map of my lumps, and in fact I don't even care if I am covered with lumps. I just want to feel normal and be able to work again. If I don't feel any better, it will mean nothing to me that my lumps are smaller, and if I do feel better, I won't care if I have lumps or not. Does that make sense to you? It does to me!
    Klutzo
  9. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I looked at archives and had a question answered right away. I had wondered if that fact that I needed 2,400 mgs. daily to cycle meant it would take longer for me to reverse, and the answer is unfortunately, yes.
    Claudia had several posts in which she mentions "Low dose, fast responders" and "high dose, slow responders".
    She also answered the question I had about never getting a good day as a break from the extra pain, when she posted that high dose, slow responders and others who've been sick a really long time like me, may have several months of constant pain before they see a break.
    Their system sure is set up strangely though. It makes me appreciate the way this Board is set up all the more.
    Klutzo

10. TNhayley

TNhayley New Member

I always use digest form ... too many darn emails any other way. :) You can also go "no mail" and still be able to search the archives, or scan through whole weeks to see what interests you. That's what I do now. Just a teeny suggestion ... look up mapping in the archives to give you a more informed idea of it's importance. I've managed to survive without mapping, but I wish I could afford a good mapper. I've used all my alloted Physical Therapy/Chiro visits for the year on Myofascial Release, but I still do my own left thigh check. (guai hugs)
    Hayley
  11. klutzo

klutzo New Member

Thanks for the suggestion.
    I looked through an archive that was supposed to answer the question of how to store your guai, but could not find the answer.
    Is there something I should know about this? I've been keeping my bottles on top of the refrigerator so the bottoms are nice and cool.
    Klutzo
  12. TNhayley

TNhayley New Member

I think a cool dry place is good ... some have said out of light if you have a lot, like those that have stockpiled during the guai shortage scare. :)
    Hayley
  13. klutzo

klutzo New Member

Please respond to my post on "Depressing Guai News". I am seriously bummed out. Klutzo