TO: leftygg

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by auntyemnga, Nov 28, 2005.

1. auntyemnga

auntyemnga New Member

Hi. I called today to make my 3rd appointment. They didn't have anything until January. I told them I only needed 30 minutes but that I needed to see Dr. B because my fatigue is getting worse not better. They found me a 30 minute spot this Thursday, 12/1.

I'm sorry I won't get to meet you yet, but maybe in January.

Please post how your visit goes on 12/5.

Good Luck!
    Sheila
  2. LEFTYGG

LEFTYGG Member

I CANT WAIT FOR MY APPOINTMENT. IM REALLY DOWN. IVE BEEN BITING EVERYONES HEAD OFF. I HOPE YOU START FEELING BETTER.

IM PUTTING A LOT OF HOPES IN THE FFC. WE WILL MEET SOMEDAY IM SURE. THX LOVE GAIL
  3. auntyemnga

auntyemnga New Member

Gail,

Things will get better (eventually). I figure it's going to take me 8 - 12 months to start feeling better.

Try not to be so hard on yourself : )

I created a binder with tabs. It has all kinds of information in it. Some from the FFC website, some from a Lifeworks website that my employer has and some from the internet.

If possible, make a copy of your filled out 24 page questionnaire. That's something I didn't do but now wish I had. I minimized alot of my symptoms. I guess because I've dealt with this DD for so long that some things felt normal.

You will receive a printout of the items Dr. B wants to start you on. I have those behind a separate tab. I made notes beside a couple of them.

Another tab has my blood work (with notes that I hand wrote). Another tab has a copy of my invoices.

For your 1st visit, be sure to take a notebook or something to write down things Dr. B tells you. You can even jot down your questions beforehand so you don't forget any.

Just in case you haven't seen this, there is a website that you can go to to check drug interactions. Go to Google and put in Drug Digest.

I hope some of this helps for your visit on Monday.

Sheila
  4. LEFTYGG

LEFTYGG Member

HI SORRY I DIDNT SEE POST. IM STILL WORKING ON QUESTIONAIRE. I REALLY ONLY HAVE FM UNLIKE MANY HERE. BUT IT IS BAD CANT WALK MUCH NO ENERGY CANT THINK FORGET THINGS.

THX FOR NOTEBOOK IDEA IM NERVOUS ABOUT KEEPING THINGS STRAIGHT.

IVE BEEN DOING STORMEYS SHAKE FOR THE LAST 3 DAYS AND I DONT KNOW IF ITS MY IMAGINATION BUT I DONT FEEL AS FOGGY.

I EVEN WENT AND GOT MY HAIRCUT FOR MY TRIP.

YOUVE BEEN SO NICE AND HELPFUL TY SO MUCH.
    LOVE GAIL
  5. auntyemnga

auntyemnga New Member

Gail,

You're welcome for the notebook idea. Even though my son went with me on my first visit, I still wanted to take notes that I could look at later. I'll leave my e-mail address in an envelope with Fred'a tomorrow and will ask her to give it to you. In case she forgets, you might want to ask her for it. Fred'a is the front office person who sits to your left when you walk in the door. This way I can e-mail you some of the documents that I have for FM (and CFS if necessary).
    I have my list of things written down to ask Dr. B about tomorrow. I then write her answers beside each question. I love having something to refer back to.
    I was reading about the shake but didn't write it down. Since you've had luck with it, I'm gonna search it out and give it a try.
    It sounds like you're calming down a bit. I hope so and the haircut is an excellent start!! There's not too much to be apprehensive about. Just think of it this way: You're starting your trip to getting your life back!
    Take care,
    Sheila
  6. LEFTYGG

LEFTYGG Member

THX SHEILA ILL EMAIL YOU WITH ANY QUESTIONS. IVE BEEN SITTING HERE THINKING OF STRANGE THINGS I HAVE. SEE IF ITS WORTH MENTIONING.

MY EAR FEELS CLOGGED OFF AND ON
  7. auntyemnga

auntyemnga New Member

Gail,

I've seen so many different things brought up on this board that I have but never associated with either CFS or FM. After I read them I get goose bumps (now that's weird).
    My ears generally itch inside. Sometimes I get the feeling that they're going to explode. I guess that could be like a clogged feeling.
    The flying bug (or whatever it is) drives me crazy!! It happens out in the open not just when looking in a cabinet or fridge. Now I think I need to give my bug a name : ) I just thought I was going crazy!
    If I have a chance this week-end, and if I think of any FM questions that you should ask, I'll send you a post.

Take care,
    Sheila
  8. LEFTYGG

LEFTYGG Member

BUT YOUR BIO IS INSPIRATIONAL. WHEN I SRASHED 3 YRS AGO THEY FOUND A TUMOR ON MY SPLEEN AND TOLD ME I HAD LYMPHOMA. IT TURNED OUT BENIGN BUT THE FEAR I FELT GIVES
    ME TRUE RESPECT FOR THOSE FACING CANCER. SO ALL YOUVE BEEN THRU WOW YOURE ONE STRONG GIRL.

AS FOR OTHERS BEING WORSE OFF I TRY TO THINK THAT AND I AM GRATEFUL BUT SOME DAYS IM SO MAD AT MYSELF IM KNOWN AS MSBITCHALOT LOL BY MY GROWN SON. THEYRE NOT USE TO ME BEING CRABBY BUT PAIN DOES THAT TO YOU.

MY TYPING STINKS SORRY I CUT HAIR FOR 35YRS NEVER LEARNED TO TYPE. THX SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP.
  9. auntyemnga

auntyemnga New Member

Thanks for your kind words. Everything that I've been through I don't think compares to now. I've been researching and trying to do all of the correct supps for so long that I think I'm physically crashing. I knew from the git go with the FFC that I would get worse before getting better and that it's going to be a very looong road. Dr. B and I decided at today's visit that I'm going to go out on short term disability. It's something I've put off for years for fear my job wouldn't be in the same location as it is now. I'm only 5 miles from home so I am VERY spoiled. If I had to drive into Atlanta... shutter the thought... I don't think I could do it.
    Every once in awhile when I'm having a pity party for myself, I quickly think of all of the people on earth who have it worse than me.
    Fred'a has an envelope with your name on it. Inside is my e-mail address. I told her I didn't have your last name but that your 1st appointment is on Monday. She looked at the appt's for Monday and said she knew who were. She put the envelope up against the sliding windpw of her office.
    I ran across an old issue of a FM magazine today. Have you been to the website for the National Fibromyalgia Association? It's a non-profit organization. Their website has a lot of information just for FM.
    Take care and have a safe trip,
    Sheila
  10. LEFTYGG

LEFTYGG Member

NOW I, GETTING APPREHENSIVE ABOUT MY TRIP.

ITS GOOD YOU CAN TAKE OFF WORK WHILE YOUR HEALING. IM TRYING NOT TO GET MY HOPES TOO HIGH.

I WENT TO A REIKI MASTER TODAY AND I HAVE TO SAY IT WAS VERY INTERESTING.SHE LAID HER HANDS ON ME FOR 30 OR 40 MIN. IT FELT LIKE HEATING PADS
  11. auntyemnga

auntyemnga New Member

Please don't get apprehensive. You're going to be in good hands. If you're prepared properly (and I believe you are), you will be fine.
    I felt better finally having an actual diagnosis. I have a long road ahead of me but I knew that going into this (FFC). I didn't expect to see any results for at least 7-8 months.
    I had a co-worker from Mass who was in town with his wife who is a Reiki Master. She did a session with me......weird. The heat she projected felt good. That was the only time I've had a reiki treatment.
    Go to your appt on Monday with an open mind with no expectations and you will leave there feeling better just knowing there is someone there who believes in you.
    Good luck * stay in touch,
    Sheila
  12. LEFTYGG

LEFTYGG Member

WELL IM BACK. NICE TRIP. EVERYONE WAS VERY NICE. I GOT AN IV AND B12 SHOT. MY NEXT APPT IS JAN 16 AT 3 TO GET RESULTS OF TESTS. I DRANK THE ORANGE DRINK THIS MORNING. I THINK THE IV HAS HELPED MY PAIN SOME.

I MET A FEW PEOPLE THAT WERE PLEASED WITH THEIR RESULTS SO IM OPTIMISTIC.

GOT YOUR E MAIL OLL SEND YOU MINE TOO LOVE AND HUGS GAIL
  13. auntyemnga

auntyemnga New Member

Gail,

I was starting to worry when I hadn't heard from you by last night. Thanks for the reply to let me know you made it home ok.

Drop me an e-mail when you have time. I want to hear all about your visit, your thoughts, etc.

L & H,
    Sheila

[ advertisement ]