To Linda re: liver cleanse

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by camry, Oct 10, 2002.

1. camry

camry New Member

I noticed in one of your replies you mentioned doing liver cleanses and that you wouldn't do them again. I am about to do a liver cleanse with olive oil, grapefruit juice, and epsom salt. I have detoxed and done a parasite cleanse. Did you get really sick doing the liver cleanse?

Camry
  2. camry

camry New Member

I noticed in one of your replies you mentioned doing liver cleanses and that you wouldn't do them again. I am about to do a liver cleanse with olive oil, grapefruit juice, and epsom salt. I have detoxed and done a parasite cleanse. Did you get really sick doing the liver cleanse?

Camry
  3. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

any of you had the coffee enema thing?? Was that useful??
    Painful?? pls share.

Jaci
  4. sapphire

sapphire New Member

Hi Camry,
    Just a word of caution if you do a liver cleanse. Drink lots of water. I just did what was supposed to be a 30 day cleanse but I only lasted 17 days due to being so sick. I thought it was my liver problems making me so sick but I forgot to take my cleansing pills one day and a light came on. I felt much better. I didn't know why until I asked a homeopathic dr and that was the first question he asked me. At that time I didn't drink very much water at all. I'm trying hard to work on that. It's getting easier.
    I'm going to do another one soon and a parasite cleanse.
    Hope this helps.

Sapphire
    [This Message was Edited on 10/10/2002]
  5. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

Along w/a detox - detoxed for 4 days & continued coffee enemas for 10 days - than 2x a week. They are not painful and actually make you feel cleaned out - sounds gross but I like doing them - I would certainly reccommend them - I have a whole list from my doc. on 'why coffee infusions?' If you're interested I will type it out.....AMY
  6. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

You don't have to type it all out, could you just share a little info on what to expect, anything scary? What are these plufs & fatty things?? Never heard of that. Do I just use i cup & hold in for 15 mins???
    I don't know much about it.

Jaci
  7. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

For coffee infusions:
    -Pour 1 quart water into stainless steel or glass pot - boil

-Place 3 tablespoons organic ground coffee into pot - boil for 5 mins. (lower flame or it will boil over)

-Place lid on pot - simmer for 20 mins.

-Strain solution into 1 quart contaier & fill w/water to equal 1 qt. of fluid

-Allow to cool down to about body temp.

-Pour into enema bag

-carefully release clamp & let small amt of solution run out.

-lube nozzle (olive oil, ky, vit.E capsule)

-Hang bag on towel rack - door handle or whatevers convenient - bottom of bag should be 24 - 30" above the floor

-best to do on bathroom floor lying on a towel

-lie on RIGHT side w/ knees bent (fetal position)

-insert nozzle

-hold clamp w/left hand. Open clamp for 1-2 seconds & close. Repeat until entire contents of bag has been emptied.

-continue lying on Rt side for 12-15 mins. Do not force yourself to retain the solution if there is a need to evacuate it sooner.
    If there is a need to evacuate before the entire bag is emptied than do so - then continue procedure until it is empty.
    USE ORGANIC REG GRIND COFFEE (NOT DECAF)
    USE SPRING OR DISTILLED WATER ONLY

Why are coffee infusions helpful?
    1. Coffee infusions are capable of removing circulating toxins & partial metabolites.
    2. Coffee infusions dilate the bile ducts allowing for more efficiant emptying & cause a flushing of toxic bile, or bile that has been loaded with toxins by the glutathoine-S-transferase.
    3. Coffee infusions stimulate the enzyme system in the liver, gluttathoine-S-transferase. This system is capable of removing a vast variety of free radicals (electrphiles) from the bloodstream.
    4. Coffee infusions effect the ligandine enzyme system increasing its activity by 600 to 700%! The ligandine system is responsible for removing free radicals from the blood stream.
    5. During the time the coffee is being retained, all of the blood will pass through the liver 4 to 5 times.
    6. Coffee contains theobromine, theophyline and caffeine. These substances have a dilatory effect on the bile ducts.
    7. The quart of fluid stimulates the visceral nervous system, causing peristalsis.
    8. A portion of the quart of fluid passes through the gut wall and dilutes the hemorrhoidal and portal blood which is passed on to the liver, diluting bile and enabling greater bile flow.
    9. Coffee infusion is the only pharmaceutically effective choleretic in the medical literature that can be repeated many times daily. Choleretics stimulate bile flow.
    10. The palmitates in coffee stimulate bile flow and act as a liver protective.
    Aktuelle Ernahrungsmedizin Vol. 15, No.2, April 1990
    11. Coffee solutions alter the level of tissue ammonia.
    Visik, Ammoniapathophysiology

My doc recommended once a day for 14 days & then 2 times a week after that. Nothing scary - very rarely stomach pain (like diarrhea) while youre doing it but only lasted a few mins. Definately will get rid of way more than you ever knew you had in there. Hope this helps.......AMY
    [This Message was Edited on 10/14/2002]
  8. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

but one question: what is paristalsis??? (sp?)

I will do this soon.

Jaci
  9. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

Its our bodies natural digestive rhythm. Cleaning out of the intestines.