To Lindyl39 and Omeeomy

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by alaska3355, Jun 27, 2007.

1. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Hi Linda and Shirley,
    I am now in Arkansas........I hopped on a plane and came down. My dad does have an appointment with an endo, but not until November. So my hubby thinks I should hogtie him and take him to another one, but I don't think I could do that. He is some better than he was- no new blisters. The itching is pretty unbearable, but he went to his dermatologist today, who renewed some prescriptions. So, more of the same. But it is good to be here with both of them.
    It is raining cats and dogs here...as it was in Dallas. I got stuck there for 5 hours this morning, because of cancelled and delayed flights. Oh, the joys of air travel! Anyway, I'm here and I hope to be able to help in some way.
    I'm glad my hubby was supportive of me coming- I don't have to feel guilty.
    I hope the two of you are doing well and staying cool and dry.
    Hugs,
    Terri
  2. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Dad had a prescription for Zyrtec, which should work similarly to Benadryl.....being an antihistimine. But he took it a few times and decided it didn't do any good. I think I'll remind him to try it again!

Shirley- My daughter is enjoying her Alaska summer...they are out picking wildflowers to press today. My granddaughter loves to pick flowers- even the nice ones her Mommy has in the pots!

Hugs to both of you,
    Terri
  3. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Linda- I told my dad what you said about Benadryl, and I convinced him to give his Zyrtec another shot......he said he slept the best he has in a month! So thank you for your suggestion- it helped.

Shirley- be careful on your long drive. You are so good to your sister. Family is number one, right?

Take care,
    Terri
  4. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I've decided to go home a day early- just not a lot for me to do here and my son was sick part of the time I was gone. He's the 20 year old who is recovering from CFS. He had nausea, vomiting, double vision and felt miserable. The doc said for my hubby to take him into the ER, being the weekend, and have him get a CT scan, to look for a tumor. The double vision had him worried. Praise the Lord, he didn't have any abnormalities in his brain and got much better the next day. So my hubby has had a lot to deal with while I was visiting here- I just felt it was time to go. My dad is taking his meds better and seems in better spirits, so that was a relief to me.
    See ya when I get back--
    Terri
  5. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

If your power goes out, hop in your car and start driving NORTH! Alaska has never gotten that hot........
    I'm heading to the airport now- thanks for thinking about me.
    Terri
  6. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I hope you and your families all have a great day...

I'm very happy to be home and the trip was uneventful. Hubby was waiting for me with a dozen roses- it's nice to be missed!

We are going to a church picnic today. I have to bring a side dish and haven't figured out what to do yet- maybe a nice fruit salad or some bar cookies.

Linda, in answer to your question- no, we didn't figure out what the double vision was with my son, but it went away and he's feeling good now. He had some bad pesto- maybe he had a case of food poisoning.

Take care and enjoy the day!
    Terri
  7. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

We celebrated our 30th in January- 1977 was a good year, wasn't it?

I keep hearing about your awful heat. Ours hit 103 yesterday and that felt terrible. I kept running out to the greenhouse and opening everything possible and soaking the plants so they wouldn't burn. It was close, but I think everything survived. Cooler and windy today, so no problem.

Shirley- I hope your deck is coming along nicely. Our hubbies always have projects and manage to stay busy....mine included.

Stay cool and we'll pray that the power holds out!
    Terri
  8. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

We set a record for heat on Thursday- it was 107, which they hadn't seen in 50 years. How can you stand it, Linda???
  9. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Shirley, I've never listened to a radio station in Barrow, AK- but it is an interesting place. They have a "Goodbye to the Sun" fest and a "Hello to the Sun" as well. My son is doing better now- we have a follow up with our family doc this week to look at his cat scan.

Linda, Washington state isn't all rainy. There is quite a bit of desert on the other side of the Cascades and we are on the dry side. Our rain happens in the winter and early spring, then it's dry all summer long. Lots of irrigation going on. If we didn't water, all we'd have is scrub brush!

Nice to hear from you both- I was getting lonely! Ha ha.
    Hugs,
    Terri