To lisapetrison...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ayhatch, Jan 22, 2007.

1. ayhatch

ayhatch New Member

I'm looking for a very insightful message you left on the boards a few days ago. It looks like the topic, string and user who put it up have disappered so I can't look it up anymore.
    It was a response to BigCled about intimacy issues. You laid out a very clear and almost clinical explaination of why men need sex to feel good about themselves.
    I wanted to copy down what you wrote...it was very helpful to me.
    Do you think you could write it up again for me?
    Thanks!
  2. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

Argh, I don't have a copy of that post. I need to get in the habit of saving the longer ones I write, especially when they're on other people's threads.

I'm not in great shape right now and am not even able to immediately call up what I wrote. Give me some time and I'll try to reconstruct at least an outline.

Maybe someone else kept it. I'll also put a post up on the board asking for it.
  3. ayhatch

ayhatch New Member

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, lis...
    I'll be grateful for whatever you can recall.
  4. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

Check the thread "Why Men Need Intimacy." Someone actually had a copy!!!
  5. ayhatch

ayhatch New Member

You'll see my replay on the other thread. thank you so much for your help!
  6. connieaag

connieaag New Member

I was thinking from your posts that Dr Guyer had made some improvemnets and things were better over the holidays for you. Hope from your comment above that you didn't take a step back. Connie
  7. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

I'm feeling worse, which group consensus suggests means I'm doing better.

I adjusted to a lower dose of the Famvir in late December and then moved up to a higher dose.

At first with the higher dose, I just felt a lot more tired.

Now I have a _horrific_ cold. Or what seems to be a cold.

I haven't had a cold or flu in eight years (and have had only one other since coming down with the "killer flu" that began my CFS).

So the theory we're tentatively accepting is that this cold means that either a) my own innate immune system is starting to be more active or b) that a lot of the dangerous bugs in my body have been killed off by the Famvir and now the less dangerous ones (like this rhinovirus) are starting to be addressed.

(These hypotheses both suggest that this cold entered my body a long time ago and that my immmune system didn't bother to get rid of it because it had bigger fish to fry. That's a really scary thought, if so.)

The fact that a cold this bad is thought of as cause for rejoicing is a manifestation of just how weird CFS patients' bodies are.

Regardless, I continue in my viral-killing journey. Jolie called me the Energizer Viral Bunny. It does keep going and going and going.....

I'm sure there will be lots more surprises before I get to the end of the road. But it does seem like progress is being made. :)

How is Kat feeling?