To Llama others 2nd denial SSDI

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Cabbie, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Cabbie

Cabbie New Member

Hi Jill,

I just got my 2nd denial for SSDI - guess I did too well on my memory test. My lawyer said it might take 8 to 12 months to get a hearing scheduled. I'm interested in knowing when you find out about yours, since we seem to be on about the same timeline.

Anyone else - how long did you wait for a hearing with a judge?

Thanks,

Cabbie
  2. llama

llama New Member

Hey, sorry I didn't see your post until just now! I always forget to put my name in the "search" section.

Anyway, sorry to hear of your 2nd denial. Even though, I pretty much expected it (attorney forewarned me) it's never easy to actually see it in writing!! Got depressed for a few days...but got my resolve back to win this thing..lol.

Actuall, I received my 2nd denial in 7/06.
    I was told 12 to 14 months was a typical wait in my area of the country. That puts me at about July-Sept. I may have all ready said this, but I'm not sure if that time line is just notification of the hearing, followed by another wait or if the actual hearing should be taking place at that point.

I guess, I should ask my attorney! Actually, I plan on talking to her soon. I've been waiting for tests results to come in from two docs...so then I'll let her know to requests those records. I'm also hoping that she requested my personnel file from my last job...pretty spotty attendance. I'd have been fired if it wasn't for the FMLA.

What's your situation? Does your attorney think you have a strong case? My atty thinks my case is pretty strong but mainly b/c I have SO MANY diagnosis as opposed to a strongly convincing Fibro/ME case. (I think it's a pretty typical scenario of fatigue, pain, sleep disorders etc. Until they come up with a definitive test...what do you have to offer but a list of symptoms??).

I just can't seem to get any of my providers to give me a straight answer when I ask them if they support my claim of disability....they all hesitate and say something like, I just send in your records..blah, blah!

Then I ask, well within those records are you documenting what physical/mental limitations I have that would cause me to be unable to work...often "blank" stare.

I do a lot of praying!!..lol

Let me know how things are going for you. I think it helps to have a support system to get through this ordeal and no one knows better than those of us at the front line.

Sorry for the long post...best of luck to you...let me know your situation (if you'd like??).

................Jill...............
    [This Message was Edited on 03/29/2007]
  3. ETN

ETN New Member

I am in CA and it took just about 15 months for a hearing..I just had it on April 1st and I am still waiting to find out. My attorney said the judge could take 30-60 days and it could be longer because from him it goes somewhere and then somewhere else..from what I was told..so UGH

good luck

I am praying everyday and keeping all fingers and toes crossed...because really if I don't get this I don't know what I am going to do! UGH