TO LOOSE WEIGHT

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Iamnotgivingup, Jan 19, 2006.

1. TO LOOSE I WEIGHT I MUST STARVE MYSELF. I MEAN REALLY STARVE, MAYBE A TINY , TINY BREAKFAST ,LIKE JUICE AND COFFEE AND FOR DINNER A PORTION LIKE FOR A 1 YEAR OLD. I USE TO BE ABLE TO LOOSE WEIGHT FASTER EVEN INTO MY LATER YEARS[I AM 60].COULD IT BE FMS?
  2. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

when I eat less. This past summer I went on a diet and ate twice as much - it was just healthy food. It was the toughest thing I ever had to do because I had it in my mind that if I ate I would gain.

Not the case. I am down 35 lb.

Want a good laugh?!!! Yesterday I had the day off from work. I am such a cheap skate - I don't want to buy different underwear because it seems like a waste of money so I sewed the sides and cut a couple inches off. I just gave them a new seam and now they fit - lol (I can't believe I told you guys!) hee hee

Don't starve your self. Your metabolism kicks in if you eat healthy.

Thinking of you
    Kelly
  3. renae1979

renae1979 New Member

It sounds like you aren't losing weight BECAUSE you are starving yourself. It is scientifically proven that when someone starves their body, the body goes into a starvation mode which causes the body to store up any calories it receives (because we have to have calories for energy) to survive and the body starts fueling itself by using muscle tissue, etc.

The most effective and proven way to lose weight and keep it off is to establish a healthy lifestyle, eating a balanced and well proportioned diet and by adding in exercise/activity, etc.

Meds, age, etc. all play a roll in our struggles with weight, but the starving bit is only making it much worse and harder for you in the long run - plus it is harming your body.

By improving my diet and activity, I have dropped about 24 pounds and continue to feel so much better.

Good luck to you!!
  4. I will definetly sit down and figure out what I am doing wrong. I will pay special attention to the food and probably it will be best to try and eat at least three meals a day. I do housework and then I am dead, Idon't know how I am going to walk for exercise, but I have to try and loose 20-25 lbs. because my Dr. is on my case[it could be that he is a walking broomstick], but I have to do something. thanks for the ideas.