To Madwolf Re Malingering

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Hippo, Aug 5, 2003.

1. Hippo

Hippo New Member

Hi, I posted to you below, regarding ways to determine malingering. I was wondering if you could elaborate.

Hippo
  2. Hippo

Hippo New Member

That was really interesting! But my back pain is not very severe, my symptoms are more with fatigue, headaches and brain fog. I don't think psychiatrists do any type of physical exam, anyway.

Hippo
  3. adageek

adageek New Member

There is no anatomical difference between lying flat on my back and standing straight up, but when flat on my back I have no major discomfort, however standing straight up makes every muscle in my back, hips, thighs, knees feel like it is stretched too tight and straining. But standing straight up in water up to my neck is relatively strain and pain free. (because the buoyancy of the water makes for weightlessness?) Can the force of gravity and its orientation to the body be the major factor in some types of pain?
  4. Hippo

Hippo New Member

Well, I think the psychiatrist did say that he couldn't rule out malingering, but he didn't say I WAS malingering, either. He said he needed MORE DATA to make a diagnosis. That's why I'm having psycho-neurological testing next week.

Hippo
  5. Hippo

Hippo New Member

I just hope that something shows up on the neuro-psych tests. I haven't met the guy yet, hopefully he is not "psycho." The cluelessness of some practitioners is just awful.

Hippo