To MamaDove

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by libra55, Mar 21, 2006.

1. libra55

libra55 New Member

Hi Alicia, how's it goin'?

I just responded to Marilyn's post about Crohn's, and I see you did too.

I am wondering if we could have a Crohn's board on here. What do you think? It is after all an immune related condition.

Who would we ask? Moderators?

I hope you're well. I saw GI doc today, colonoscopy scheduled for May (To decide on Asacol or not). Doing pretty well for myself.

Take Care,
    Michelle
  2. libra55

libra55 New Member

for Alicia

Michelle
  3. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

Wouldn't it be wonderful to have a crohn's/colitis board...

Does the CCFA have one?

I haven't been frequenting their site, too much pharma hype.

It seems that so many of us have bowel issues whether it be just IBS or full-blown IBD...Now what is the connection???

For me I believe it was the use of NSAIDS like Motrin and most def stress is a BIG factor too...

I hate treating just the symptoms and listening to these experts who diagnose us with 'diseases' with NO CAUSE and NO CURE then they push meds and we go for it initially...

I have fought my gastro from day one to tell me WHY I have this, WHERE it comes from and HOW to fix it for good...Needless to say, he gets very frustrated with me...But when I bring up MAP bacteria, mycoplasmas, etc...he looks at me like I am a whackjob...

I am glad I researched when I did and found Gabe Mirkin's protocol and 'cured' myself...I go in today for a follow-up on my bloodwork...Some things are strange like my pancreatic enzymes...Can't wait to hear what his opinion is, most likely will say "it doesn't concern me"...

SOOOOOOOOOOO Glad you are doing better, I am very happy about that!!!!

Wish me luck and when I have time I will look into the IBD board idea...I would really like to exchange ideas like we do on here...Must be much out there that we don't know about, would be interesting to say the least...

Have a wonderful day~Alicia
  4. libra55

libra55 New Member

Hi Alicia,

My doctor said to me, "Something caused an abnormal activation of your immune system."

Well what was that something?

STRESS. Big time stress.

My husband was fired from his job, and my daughter was suspended from school. This started a cascade of other events. It all happened within a six month time frame. I felt like I was fighting fires all the time, not knowing which one to fight first and dealing with the one burning the brightest at the time.

Everything spiraled out of control. And I got sick.

I think stress is a big component of all of these diseases.

Good luck on your blood work, let us know how you do. (My sed and liver enzymes were a wee bit high but not out of control).

Stay in touch,
    Michelle
    [This Message was Edited on 03/22/2006]