to mariac2000

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jan a., Oct 11, 2002.

1. jan a.

jan a. New Member

dear mariac2000, was looking over past posts and read yours and was surprised to see you were from oakland n.j...I live in florida now for many years but I too lived in oaklnd and my kids (all grown now) were born at the valley hospital in ridgewood....I miss it up there especially in the fall with the colors of the leaves on the mountains. I still have friends there and my husband has family there too...I would love to visit there again since its been many years but I am too sick for the long trip and really dont like to fly...I lived on harvard way in harbor heights area and my kids went to heights elementary when they were little. I loved oakland but we had friends who moved to fla.and talked us in to moving to get away from cold winters... then it got so expensive up there for homes and taxes we couldnt afford to go back to bergen county if we tried ....so sorry you are so miserable, it is unfortunatly part of the territory of this illness....good days and real bad days...I have more cfids than fibro but go through periods of bad pain....just constantly sick and feel useless..chin up theres always tommorrow and hope for a cure...any good drs. up there? well sorry to bend your ear for so long just thought what a small world finding another oakland resident...still have many friends up there...great area to live and to be from...best to you, love jan a.
  2. jan a.

jan a. New Member

dear mariac2000, was looking over past posts and read yours and was surprised to see you were from oakland n.j...I live in florida now for many years but I too lived in oaklnd and my kids (all grown now) were born at the valley hospital in ridgewood....I miss it up there especially in the fall with the colors of the leaves on the mountains. I still have friends there and my husband has family there too...I would love to visit there again since its been many years but I am too sick for the long trip and really dont like to fly...I lived on harvard way in harbor heights area and my kids went to heights elementary when they were little. I loved oakland but we had friends who moved to fla.and talked us in to moving to get away from cold winters... then it got so expensive up there for homes and taxes we couldnt afford to go back to bergen county if we tried ....so sorry you are so miserable, it is unfortunatly part of the territory of this illness....good days and real bad days...I have more cfids than fibro but go through periods of bad pain....just constantly sick and feel useless..chin up theres always tommorrow and hope for a cure...any good drs. up there? well sorry to bend your ear for so long just thought what a small world finding another oakland resident...still have many friends up there...great area to live and to be from...best to you, love jan a.