TO MIKIE: About SS Diet

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TaniaF, Dec 26, 2002.

1. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

Mikie,
    Sorry to say I'm thin, so I don't want to lose weight, however I think the health values of her diet is great. I want to get off the white stuff. How do I start this diet without the weight loss? I went to her website and am lost and no where to email her. Any ideas?

Also, is her somersweet natural and safe? Don't want to eat anything like nutrasweet or sacharrin. (sp)

I'd appreciate your ideas.
    Tania
  2. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

if you want the health benefits without losing weight you should start on her level 2 - it explains it in the books - you only need one book as they are only slightly different in explaining the program. As far as her somer sweet I do belive it is all natural - she discourages use of artificial sweetners & any kind of food additives. Her big thrill over somer sweet is that she finally found an all natural alternative to sugar.
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Yes, Level II is supposed to maintain health and weight. I don't know what is in the SomerSweet but I think I will send for some, along with her dessert cookbook. It's $19.95 plus S&H. I wonder whether it's the same as Splenda which I have reservations about because it contains chlorine which is harmful to the body. I just don't know. She claims it's natural and safe to use.

Many of the foods on her diet are high calorie. I think if you eat whole grain pastas and breads while on the diet, you should maintain your weight. Also, she has some "to die for" desserts. I've made her cheesecake and it's really good. Of course, it's not as good as the sugary stuff you buy, but to me, it tastes wonderful, plus, I know I'm not poisoning my body. She does allow a little sugar in her desserts, but if you are still on Level I, you can substitute a sweetner for the sugar.

Stevia can be bought at health food stores in liquid or crystal form. It is very healthy, in fact, it is an antioxidant, but it has a slight aftertaste and doesn't taste exactly like sugar, more like saccarine.

Love, Mikie