To Mikie - Klonopin and Xyrem

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by abbylee, Feb 25, 2006.

1. abbylee

abbylee New Member

Hi Mikie,

I've talked with 4 women who take both Klonopin and Xyrem. They take the Klonopin in the morning and Xyrem at night. Have you tried that?

abbylee
  2. fibro15

fibro15 New Member

3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I only take the Klonopin and I take it at night. The only time I take it during the day is if I'm having anxiety, tinnitus, muscle spasms, sensory overload, etc. As I get better, I need it less and less during the day.

Sorry I can't help with the Xyrem question.

Love, Mikie
  4. abbylee

abbylee New Member

But weren't you prescribed Xyrem but couldn't try it because of the Klonopin?
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

And it didn't work out for me but not Xyrem.

Love, Mikie
  6. abbylee

abbylee New Member

What I meant to say was didn't you try to get off Klonopin so that you could take Xyrem but you couldn't get off Klonopin? If so, if you could take Klonopin in the morning and xyrem at night.
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I just weaned down on the Klonopin because I wanted to get off of it. I probably went too fast but I decided the time just wasn't right. I had weaned down to half the dose I had been on and went back to it. If I had not weaned down, I would have had to increase the dose to get the benefits from it.

I've been sick trying to fight a virus and I suppose it's possible that I considered this drug at one time but I sure don't remember it. I don't even know what Xyrem is. Guess I should check it out.

Nope, I just looked. This isn't something I would have been interested in. Sorry. Perhaps if you ask on the board, someone else will be taking these. Good luck.

Love, Mikie
    [This Message was Edited on 02/26/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 02/26/2006]
  8. abbylee

abbylee New Member

Xyrem is the date-rape drug that they are giving to folks with alpha intrusion into delta sleep. I thought that you posted once that you had been for a sleep study and the doc had wanted you to try it, but first you had to get off the klonopin. I'll check the old posts and see if I can find the one that I thought you wrote about.

abbylee