To Mikie on Guai flares

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by klutzo, Jan 24, 2003.

1. klutzo

klutzo New Member

HI Mikie.
    I think I may have had my first Guai flare, but it has also been record cold here in Florida, as you know, so I will have to wait for the next one to be sure. I hurt more than I had in about 1o yrs. and it lasted for two days until I did a "root job" on my hair. That stopped it cold, and as I mentioned before, the only hair color I am not allergic to has two ingredients that would block Guai. I hope it only blocked it for 24 hrs. but the flare has not come back.
    My question is this: How long do you usually go between Guai flares? Is it very different for different folks, do you know? I am at least as impatient as you are, if not more!
    Hugs,
    Klutzo
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Good news: Sounds to me like the Guai produced a flare. When the first Guai flare hits, it's usually a painful one like what you described. Don't worry that it was stopped abruptly. This may have happened regardless of the haircolor; it can work that way.

Bad news: It is impossible to predict what will happen for anyone because it's an individual thing. You have to learn to just go with the flow.

I am very encouraged as it sounds like the ball is rolling. Watch your urine for what looks like powder on the surface just after peeing. Let your urine sit in the john for a while and see whether you can see any chalky-looking stuff on the bottom. This isn't easy with a white toilet, but you can stick a toilet brush into the bottom and see whether you can stir something up. Don't worry if you can see none of this. When the Guai is working slowly, you may not be able to see it, but if it's there, it's evidence of phosphates being excreted.

Love, Mikie