To Mikie re Cardio Tests and "Spell"

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dhcpolwnk, Aug 24, 2005.

1. dhcpolwnk

dhcpolwnk New Member

On another thread, speaking of cardio tests and a halter monitor, Mikie said:

<<< Yes, I did take the little black box back. Wouldn't you know it--two hours after returning it, I had a short "spell." I wish I had had it when the monitor was hooked up.>>>

What do you mean by a "spell"? Was it severe chest pain?

I'm still trying to figure out whether the chest pain I've had several times now really is related to heart problems. I was scheduled for a modified stress test yesterday, but had to reschedule to Sept. 8. (I have both fibro and MS, and I use a wheelchair; so they have to give me an injection to simulate the stress level. I had this test a few years ago, and it didn't indicate any heart problem.)

The chest pain I experienced seemed to come out of nowhere (I was sitting at my computer desk) and was worse than the previous times I'd experienced it. I had trouble breathing and talking--even to ask for help. But the pain also seemed to ease a little bit if I burped. So maybe it was just a gas problem.

I don't really think I have a heart problem, but since both of my parents had heart attacks, the doctor wanted to check it out again. I'm just wondering what other things might cause this sort of pain. Could the pain be related to the lungs or other respiratory issues? The pain I had radiated into my back and my *right* arm (and into my nipples!). I understand that with heart attacks, the pain radiates to the *left* arm.

--Laura

2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I sure hope your tests do not indicate problems.

I refer to my little events as "spells" for lack of a better term. They last only seconds and there is no pain, but there is a buildup of pressure. The pressure seems to explode and just goes away. While the pressure is building, I have black spots in front of my eyes and feel lightheaded. It's very strange.

If there is something wrong, I hope it does show up so it can be treated.

Best of luck to you.

Love, Mikie