To Mikie re Guai.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by skatskat, Sep 20, 2003.

1. skatskat

skatskat New Member

Hi Mikie: I just wrote a loooooooooooong message, but it disappeared! So I will start over but try to be shorter! I have a few questions for you regarding the Guaifenesin protocol. I have read that you are taking Guai. So am I. As a matter of fact I am a patient of Dr. St. Amand. I have been on Guai for 16 months but have had no relief as far as CFS is concerned. My mapping indicates that I am having good results, but I am discouraged by the way I still feel. I have a high pain threshold and have learned to ignore what pain I do feel, but as far as the fatigue, I feel like I'm still at square one. I am almost certain that I have eliminated all Salicylates and I am very careful to read labels. After an appointment with Dr. St. Amand I feel encouraged that those "good" days will one day appear, but later those "evil little doubts" creep back into my life. I am hoping you can give me some consolation.

Skatskat
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I also have CFIDS, along with FMS, and the Guai is limited in addressing CFIDS symptoms. My FMS is about 80 percent reversed with the Guai after 28 months. I have increased the dose to 2400 mgs to speed up the process. I have been sick 13 years. If all I had were FMS, I would be well on my way to being healthy. Of the two, CFIDS is by far the more debilitating for me.

Most of the time, CFIDS is triggered by some kind of infection, viral, bacterial, or fungal. I do not believe it possible to heal from CFIDS until these infections are addressed.

I am on Doxycycline for mycoplasma infection because it was a mycoplasma infection, which showed up in a routine blood test while in its active stage, which triggered my illnesses. I've been on the Doxy for about two years and it has helped dramatically. I still suffer some fatigue, but it is much improved. I pulse off and on with the Doxy and will stop using it as soon as I can stay off of it without my symptoms' returning.

I went into a remission when given Famvir for facial surgery to prevent any Herpes virus from a cold sore infecting the surgical site. My doc and I now know that I must have a reactivated Herpes-family virus. The most likely culprits are EBV, CMV, or HHV-6. I am now pulsing off and on with the Famvir.

I have a zapper which kills off pathogens in the bloodstream and this really helps. It will stop a cold virus dead in its tracks. It rids the body of fungi too. The fungal infection in my toenails has disappeared since using the zapper.

I will be starting the Transfer Factor sold here to see if it can hasten my healing from infection by training my own immune system to kill pathogens. So far, the colostrum and whey have been helping with this.

The Klonopin I take helps with quality sleep, anxiety, sensory overload, pain, and tinnitus. It's one of my most important treatments.

As you can see, I have been fighting the CFIDS on many fronts. I believe it is necessary if one is to heal from it, especially if one has been sick for more than 10 years.

I hope this helps and good luck to you.

Love, Mikie

[ advertisement ]