To Mikie re;Krebs Cycle & Mitochondria

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by seans, Jan 2, 2003.

1. seans

seans New Member

Mikie, thanks for your response to my query regarding my inability to produce aerobic energy. I've scratched the surface pretty hard in researching the issue and have a decent understanding of the krebs cycle and of our impaired mitochondria. I was hoping someone (preferably many) out there had determined (of course not a cure) a fix or stop gap measure to boost the krebs or aid the cells to prop up the system and give better aerobic capacity.

Have you ever heard of such a thing?
  2. Sweetmia

Sweetmia New Member

Sean--I take acetyl-l-carnitine, and alpha lipoic acid and many more for healing of the mitochondria. I read, somewhere!! that
    acetyl-l-carnitine in high doses can repair the mitochondria.
    Dr. Teitelbaum in his book From Fatigue to Fantastic discusses other supplements to take to help the mitochondria. I take most of the supplements that he recommends. If you don't have his book it is a helpful reference. If anything you feel like you have more control of this crazy illness. His book also gives you hope that you can cure yourself. Hope is a very good thing!!

Take care
  3. Sweetmia

Sweetmia New Member

Sean--I take acetyl-l-carnitine, and alpha lipoic acid and many more for healing of the mitochondria. I read, somewhere!! that
    acetyl-l-carnitine in high doses can repair the mitochondria.
    Dr. Teitelbaum in his book From Fatigue to Fantastic discusses other supplements to take to help the mitochondria. I take most of the supplements that he recommends. If you don't have his book it is a helpful reference. If anything you feel like you have more control of this crazy illness. His book also gives you hope that you can cure yourself. Hope is a very good thing!!

Take care
  4. seans

seans New Member

I'm all over those things already although I think I will send a sample to Smokies Lab. I have been reading a lot lately about all the issues you mentioned and am addressing all of them.

I think I may have to step back from using the immune modulators for some time b/c I am making an appt. to see a rheumatologist and to have some tests done and don't want to get into a false negative/or positive situation. Along those lines, do you think I can keep hitting the vitamins and just stay off the moducare until after the tests are done?

I think the whole body detox is going to be a really long program. I'm going to give that a basic starting point of one year. After concentrating on it for a full year (along with everything else you mentioned) I will either see results or not.

I am, after all, results oriented. I don't want to spend a dumptruck of money on a dumptruck of supps and green drinks and good food etc. etc. if I don't FEEL any better.

Along those lines, it would be encouraging to hear from more people who are knowledgeable about systemic toxicity, malabsorpion, malnutrition, etc. and have been on a long term program of addressing those issues (along with immune function etc) and have ACTUALLY HAD RESULTS they can point to. I want to hear someone say, before I couldn't do any of these things. Then, I took all these actions to address these problems. NOW, I can do all these things I couldn't do before.

IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE THAT FITS THIS BILL??

I appreciate your input.

Sean-
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It looks like you and the folks here know more about it than I do. I have studied the Krebs Cycle too and it is just too complex for us to figure out by ourselves.

If one subscribes to Dr. St. Amand's theory, it is the phosphate debris which causes the cycle to be disabled. I have to say that since being on the Guai treatment, I have had some excellent remissions where I've had good energy. The problem is that I also have CFS, so fatigue is always at least somewhat of a problem for me.

Good luck to you.

Love, Mikie
  6. seans

seans New Member

Mikie, I should probably correct the record to begin with. I certainly don't profess to be any kind of expert on the krebs cycle and am quite sure you know more about it than I do. I guess I know only that it exists, its importance, and the fact that my cycle is likely highly compromised.

I'm new to this site and so am digging and asking a lot of questions which, to sufferers of cfids/fms might seem annoying in that many feel there simply are no answers and there are no TRULY SIGNIFICANT SUCCESS STORIES OF NEAR TOTAL REMISSION.

However, I am going to keep querying the panel and try to see if I can find anyone with very similar symptoms/situation and if they have had any treatment success.

I appreciate your input. Take it easy,
    Sean-