To Mikie, the Guai expert!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by klutzo, Dec 30, 2002.

1. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I went shopping yesterday, and bought replacements for everything including soap and shampoo, because I don't want anyone to be able to say the Guai did not work because I did not follow protocol. I am going to go the extra mile to give it every chance!
    I was unable to find any cough drops that were acceptable. Do you know of any?
    I had to buy a really cheap, lousy multi-vitamin in order to find one without herbs, bioflavonoids or natural E or iron. I will be getting by with much less E than I need for my heart, and I know from past experience that if I take less vitamins I will feel worse just from that, so I'll have to do that first and get used to it before starting the guai, so I can tell the difference. What multi-vitamin do you take?
    I drink a lot of green tea for the antioxidents in it. Is green tea OK?
    Thanks so much....
    Klutzo
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This is one area of the Guai treatment where I'm afraid I fall short as I didn't even know Stevia was verboten (I should have since I know it's a plant derived substance). Have you gone to the no-sal websites to look for cough drops? Have you contacted Claudia? She may know of something.

I'm sorry I'm not more help here.

Love, Mikie
  3. klutzo

klutzo New Member

Thanks for reminding me. I can't get on the support site....I keep getting an error message, but I can get onto the lists.
    Klutzo
  4. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

I noticed in my hubby's cough syrup, both of us fighting a bug again, the 2 ingredients in the syrup are guai and pseudaphedron, what is this all about, I know nothing about guai?????

Jaci
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Guai is used in many cough expectorants to thin mucus. It can be very helpful for sinus congestion, bronchitis, and colds where there is a lot of thick mucus. Off-label uses include fertility enhancement for women and for reversing the symptoms of FMS.

The pseudoephedrine in the cough syrup is not a good thing. It can help open up bronchial tubes if that is a problem, but it is an excitotoxin and can make a person overly excited and edgy.

Love, Mikie