To Mikie

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mariac2000, Jan 15, 2003.

1. mariac2000

mariac2000 New Member

Thanks,
    I ordered the Jarro-Dophilus. Just wondering if you knew of any products that can help with dizziness.

I appreciate all of your help,

Maria
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Dizzyness, or lightheadedness, can be caused by many different things. When I was first sooooo sick two years ago, I was so dizzy and fogged out that I had to hold onto things just to walk around.

When I started on the Guai treatment, the foggyness and dizzyness went away very quickly. It may have been coincidental. I do still have poor balance from time to time. I do balance exercises which seem to help.

It's also possible that the Klonopin which helps with my tinnitus is helping with the dizzy feeling.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help. My dizzyness has improved dramatically, but I don't know why or whether it's a combination of my treatments. Sometimes when we address one of our symptoms, others seem to improve. This is one nutty illness.

Love, Mikie
  3. mariac2000

mariac2000 New Member

and I don't mean to sound like an idiot, but what is the Guai treatment? My dizziness is a result of Post Concussion Disorder, which should clear up by itself eventually, but untill then I am pretty much bedbound. Would the Guai Treatment help me do you think?

Thanks much,

Maria
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I doubt the Guaifenesin would address the cause of your dizzyness. It's an off-label use for a mucus-thinning drug which allows us to excrete phosphate debris through our kidneys. Dr. St. Amand believes this is at the root of our illness (FMS). You can do a web search on Guaifenesin and find his website. You can also buy his book, "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About FIBROMYALGIA." It's a complex and long-term treatment but is the only one which offers the chance of reversing the symptoms of FMS.

Love, Mikie