To Mikie

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by seans, Feb 26, 2003.

1. seans

seans New Member

Mikie, in a post, Madwolf noted you were doing particularly well since the antibiotic treatment. Is this correct? Did you take the abx for mycoplasma? What abx did you take and for how long? What difference did you notice in your symptoms, if any?

I'm really curious b/c of my recent mycoplasma dx and commencement of the abx protocol.

Thanks much.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Yes, I've been on 100 mgs. of Doxycycline twice a day for more than a year now. Feb. 1, I was able to stay off the Doxy without the return of my symptoms. Prior to that, whenever I tried to cycle off the Doxy, my symptoms would return within three days. The symptoms include chronic sore throat, swollen lymph nodes, migraine-type headaches, IBS, and chronic low-grade temperatures.

When I went off the Doxy this time, I was extremely tired for the first three days. Then, a Herx Effect hit and another one hit some days later. This signaled to me that my own immune system was taking over and was in overdrive. I am extremely concerned about an autoimmune response, so Jelly helped me with a protocol for weaning off the ABX. I went back on the Doxy at only 100 mgs. for two weeks and then will take 100 mgs every other day for two weeks. Hopefully, this will keep my immune system from going crazy when I'm completely off the Doxy.

Love, Mikie
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Just to make sure Seans sees it.

Love, Mikie