To Mikie

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dolsgirl, Mar 20, 2003.

1. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

I don't understand why you would remove a post discussing how the war action actually does effect having a flare of FMS! How does that go against any rules? That shouldn't have broken a rule. Maybe it should be rethought.....
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

You can go to the Chit Chat Board and discuss the war and its effects all you want there. There are some great people and posts concerning the war on that board right now.

It is not that you don't have a choice, you do. Simply take this issue to the other board.

You are not the only one that wants to talk about this, we are all concerned. But if its allowed for you, then this whole board will concern the war, by having a choice like we do with different boards, we can get away from the subject even if its just for a little while on this board, and get on with the business of our illness.

I have not turned FoxNews off since yesterday, neither has Mikie turned her tv off either. We are all concerned. But this board has to be kept for what it was intended for.

I hope you can understand this, and please follow the rules. Mikie as well as myself are just as concerned with this as anyone else is. But we need to use self control, and not let it take over everyones lives here too.

Did I make this clear? If not I am sorry, but you will have to abide by the rules like everyone else.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

and I couldn't find what rule I broke. I did forward a message on to the webmaster with a couple of questions that could possibly clear it up for me so there isn't a misunderstanding in the future. dolsgirl
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

He set it up so that we would have a place to discuss non-illness topics. One could conceiveably make the case that EVERYTHING in the Universe affects our illnesses, but if we all were to post on everything, this board would become so clogged and unweildly that the people just looking for info on their illnesses would get bogged down. This would be counterproductive to the original mission of this website.

Not everything can be clearly set out in the rules. That is why we have moderators. It is our job to keep things running smoothly. I often leave posts which really do belong on the CCF, but the war is so prevalent on our minds that we simply cannot allow this space to be used to discuss the war and all its implications. It doesn't matter whether this is spelled out in the rules or not. We have asked you to use the CCF for this. Most of the decisions Shirl and I make are in the gray area and often cannot be found in the official rules. Please just abide by our decisions. You will find the CCF a great place where you can discuss most anything.

Love, Mikie