To Mikie

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by teller7, Apr 15, 2003.

1. teller7

teller7 New Member

Man I'm having a very bad day. My dr wants me to see a psychologist. I started physical therapy yesterday and since then I can't stop crying (I guess feeling sorry for myself). The therapist wants me to get a walker for the times I'm so weak and hardly walk. I've been trying to be strong, but I'm falling deeper and deeper into this hole and I can't get out. I feel like my life is over and I'm so sad. I don't know why I picked you to tell this to, but I guess you're the unlucky one here. I almost don't want to go on. My poor husband is very worried about me. I just don't know what to do. Thanks for listening to me. I just had to say this to someone.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I truly think what gets us down is the "everness" of our illnesses. I really think if you get a good psychologist, it will help you. My therapist, who has a Master's Degree in Psychology, has been a tremendous help to me. She has helped me to feel more in control of my life and less like I'm at the mercy of my illnesses. We really do have more options than we think we do.

Good for you for doing physical therapy. It can be hard at first, but it will eventually help with the pain and strengthen your muscles. That will give you a mental lift too. Shoot, take the walker. When I'm in a lot of pain and have to shop, I use the buggy like a walker and it really helps. Make or buy one of those bags or baskets which attaches to the walker so you are not having to try to juggle stuff while you walk. Wear a fanny pack instead of a purse.

Sweetie, I know it's hard. There have been times when I wondered what purpose there could possibly be for my continuing to live half a life. I put it in God's hands and believe there is a purpose for everything. I try to find things every day to be thankful for and I try to laugh. I write in my journal, pray and meditate. We can only do what we can do and no more. It is wonderful that you are making the efforts toward healing. No one thing is the magic bullet, but everything we do helps a little. Hang in there and keep us updated about how you are doing. We care.

love, Mikie
  3. teller7

teller7 New Member

I'm sure I have CF and possibly FM. It's the weakness that gets to me the most. When I have a wave or spell my legs just won't hold me up and I get really confused. Thank you both for the encouragement. I'll try harder to deal with this.
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Have you talked to your doc about this?

The physical therapy will definitely help with the weakness, but it's a concern that it comes on suddenly along with the confusion. It's possible that it's just overwhelming fatigue which is causing this.

Keep a journal for a while every day and note what you did, what you ate, what meds you took, and especially what occured just before and after one of these episodes. Over time, this may well show a pattern and give you some clues for what may be causing this.

Let us know how it's going. You might post to Madwolf and ac77 and ask if either one has any info on what might be causing this.

Love, Mikie