To Milo83~

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by cinnabarsib, Sep 24, 2004.

1. cinnabarsib

cinnabarsib New Member

Hi dear one~if I am not being too nosy could you explain what Sclerodoma(sp?) is? You were so kind and helpful to Music Teacher. I have to go for more tests and x-rays etc.(can hardly walk) and just wanted more info. Please forgive me if I am wrong in asking~~~~ with hope and love, Sib
  2. Milo83

Milo83 New Member

Good Morning Sib,
    There is a lot of information out there on Scleroderma - I tried to find some that would give you the quickest, easiest to post and read here...
    If you have any questions, please make a post for me over on the chit/chat board - I don't know how the "Worship Board" Members feel about me posting it here, as I am fairly new to THIS board........

Scleroderma, in its severe form, is a life-threatening disease that affects multiple organs in the body and causes them to shut down. It is a chronic and degenerative disorder with no known cause or way to stop its progression. The National Institutes of Health estimates more than 300,000 people in the U.S. alone are living with some form of the disease. This is as large a population as patients with muscular dystrophy, multiple sclerosis, cystic fibrosis.

Scleroderma primarily affects women between the ages of 30 and 50, but also strikes men and children across all ages and ethnic boundaries. Scleroderma is a combination of autoimmune, inflammatory, and vascular disease. In severe scleroderma, multiple organ systems can be involved, including the heart, lungs, blood vessels, and kidneys – often with lethal consequences. There is dramatic tissue damage including the hardening of skin, shrinking of muscles, and injuring of tendons. Patients frequently lose mobility in their joints, especially the hands, and facial changes can be disfiguring and often painful.

The Scleroderma Research Foundation (SRF) is working with some of the world’s most distinguished scientists and medical institutions to fund research aimed at helping patients to live longer, fuller lives today – and curing patients tomorrow.

Any of the following warning signs is a signal to see a rheumatologist or other knowledgeable physician for diagnosis and appropriate treatment:

Skin thickness
    Stiffness of hands and feet
    Unexplained swelling/puffiness
    Swallowing difficulties
    General fatigue
    Raynaud’s phenomenon*
    *blanching of feet and hands from white to red to blue in response to cold or stress

SIB, That is just a brief description, it can get rather lengthy..........

I hope I have helped you some, but please just give a holler if you want an answer to a specific question - I AM NO DOC OR NURSE, but since I have this, I have done a great deal of research on it - so I will "try" to help the best I can...
    And of course, blood work is needed too..........

Have a great Saturday.......Love, Donna

3. cinnabarsib

cinnabarsib New Member

I have some of those symptoms, they will be doing tests etc. for various illnesses. I will pray for you dear one, you were most kind to answer my post. Have a happy, blessed weekend!~~~~with love and hope! Sib