TO MISSVICKIELYNN...PLZ READ!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pamela, Nov 5, 2002.

1. pamela

pamela New Member

I read your post about your mom...so very sorry to hear about what you went through. If its any consolation I went through the exact same thing w/ my dad. He was my LIFE. I adored him. He died of colon cancer. He was a thriving Dentist.....and he never went to get regular check-ups. He was always very healthy. Then he had his blood checked and his white blood count was up. He was not well but continued to practice dentistry. He still had a sound mind. I moved back home to help run his Dental Office and help him. At his final days it was the worst thing I ever could imagine going through. It killed me. I think the stress from that ordeal and then my near fatal wreck is what brought on the
    Fibromyalgia in me. I miss my dad and cried straight for 4 years. I totally know what you went through. My mom is next...she is 74 yrs. old and living all by herself. I can't live w/ her or move there due to many factors. I just want you to know your post really hit home. Take care and it does get better. They are in a better place out of pain and misery. Love Pamela
  2. pamela

pamela New Member

I read your post about your mom...so very sorry to hear about what you went through. If its any consolation I went through the exact same thing w/ my dad. He was my LIFE. I adored him. He died of colon cancer. He was a thriving Dentist.....and he never went to get regular check-ups. He was always very healthy. Then he had his blood checked and his white blood count was up. He was not well but continued to practice dentistry. He still had a sound mind. I moved back home to help run his Dental Office and help him. At his final days it was the worst thing I ever could imagine going through. It killed me. I think the stress from that ordeal and then my near fatal wreck is what brought on the
    Fibromyalgia in me. I miss my dad and cried straight for 4 years. I totally know what you went through. My mom is next...she is 74 yrs. old and living all by herself. I can't live w/ her or move there due to many factors. I just want you to know your post really hit home. Take care and it does get better. They are in a better place out of pain and misery. Love Pamela
  3. GoDaleJr

GoDaleJr New Member

I cried after I read your post about your mother. I wish so badly that she could have had an easier time. To be so afraid of dying, I just couldn't imagine. I wish someone could have eased her mind. Well, I guess there is peace within her now. At least I hope so.
    My grandmother also died of lung cancer about a month after she was diagnosed. My sister was getting married and my grandma didn't want to be a burden so she didn't tell anyone about her pain. She was the first person I had ever known to die and I couldn't handle it. My parents never talked to me about it or got me counseling. And now I regret never having the chance to say good-bye to her.
    I also wanted to thank you for your offer of having me stay with you. I do see a lot in common with you. You didn't say what kind of animals you have, did you? I'd like to know.
    I moved here for my horse. I take care of my kids (animals) better than I take care of myself. I could never give them up, they are what keeps me alive. If I didn't have them, I would probably kill myself. I don't fear death. I've done enough suffering for ten thousand people all in only 9 months.
    But you know what I have come to realize about myself? I am the type that feeds on reverse psychology. Tell me to go out and get a job and I will plant myself in my bed. Tell me I cannot ever return to work and I will go out and find a job. That is where I am at right now. I am tired of complaining about what I am losing. I just need to get it back for myself by myself. I have no support group except this board and people like you. My dog wants to go for hikes again, my horse wants to be ridden again. That is all up to me. Screw my roommate who keeps telling me he is going to move out but doesn't know when. I can't wait around for him to decide, I am tired of waiting around for other people. Like you, my doctor never mailed in my continued state disability form. i have had to fax it to him 3 times now and keep making phone calls until I actually talk to him in person! Not having any money, doesn't that mean anything to anyone? It's like he's dangling it at the end of a fishing pole and i can't reach it. But once my money comes in again, that is it for me. I'll still apply for SSDI but I can't rely on it. I have to rely on me. We all have problems. It's just some of us deal with them differently than others. Some think their way is best, but it is only best for them. Not for all.
    Bless you and your animals and may you stay safe. I don't want to worry about you. If I get a good job, you can come live with me. and all your animals. If I won the lottery, you can best believe I would buy a ranch and have all the poor Fibro and CFS people come live with me and we'll have lots of animals :)