to mom from kid

Discussion in 'Caregivers' started by kid4ever, Feb 5, 2002.

1. kid4ever

kid4ever New Member

thanks for the info and suggestions -

i can't imagine living with fm or cfs for such a long time. it's been so hard - going through all the red tape to get disability and insurance and other things is the worst i think. always wondering what should you tell, what should you not tell. always afraid you might say something that will hurt your case later

today was a better day and we planned a picnic in the backyard for later in the week if she feels okay

hope you had a okay day too.

talk to you soon

kid

2. mom

mom New Member

The picnic sounds like a great idea. Where are you located. We have 1' of snow in the backyard.
    We do live in NW ont. on the shores of lake superior. So snow is to be expected.
    I am one of the lucky people who has a husband who loves and supports me. I have never had to work outside the home so I was there to raise our 2 sons. I have never had to deal with disability or have the financial problems others have. Don is a hard rock gold miner so we have moved a lot but now we have lived in this town for 16 years. We bought a house 3 years ago so this is the first time I am going to ask the gov. for anything. The Ontario gov. has grants to renovate your house to make it disabled friendly so we are looking into getting one of those.
    Have fun on the picnic they do boost the spirits. If you can't have it in the back yard the living room floor is also a nice spot. No bugs either.
    mom lynda
  3. kid4ever

kid4ever New Member

hope you had a nice day today in all that snowy weather! I live in sunny southern california and although it's been a bit cold here lately, today was a really beautiful day. I took my friend to the beach - the pier where there are some restaurants and shops. She was obviously having a better day - i helped her walk just a little (the doctor wants her to walk so muscles wont atrophy) and we sat in the sun, listened to the birds and the waves and ate a little soup. it was really nice and i think she enjoyed the short trip.

your husband sounds wonderful! valentine's day is coming up - hope you two have a great one!

kid
  4. kid4ever

kid4ever New Member

hope you had a nice day today in all that snowy weather! I live in sunny southern california and although it's been a bit cold here lately, today was a really beautiful day. I took my friend to the beach - the pier where there are some restaurants and shops. She was obviously having a better day - i helped her walk just a little (the doctor wants her to walk so muscles wont atrophy) and we sat in the sun, listened to the birds and the waves and ate a little soup. it was really nice and i think she enjoyed the short trip.

your husband sounds wonderful! valentine's day is coming up - hope you two have a great one!

kid