********** TO murkinrg ************

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JLH, Jan 26, 2006.

1. JLH

JLH New Member

Hello, Robert!

I saw your reply on another post where someone was announcing that she had completed her profile. You asked her to read your profile, too.

I read yours, too, and discovered that you were new here! So, I just wanted to say WELCOME to our board/support group!

I have also worked in finance. My father was a CPA and a manager in the finance division of a large corporation before he retired. I always enjoyed accounting. Most of my 30 year working career was spend working in Procurement (Purchasing of materials and equipment), so we had a lot of close communication with the accounting folks.

I'm retired now, and will be 55 on Feb. 2nd.

Sorry to hear about the stress of coping with depression in your family. I am sure that is quite stressful for you. Is your wife under treatment of any type with a doctor? On any particular medications?

I'm pleased to meet you and hope you join in often on our board conversations!!

It's 12:36 a.m., so I've got to get to bed now!

Hugs,
    Janet
  2. murkinrg

murkinrg New Member

Hi Janet
    Many thanks for your message.Great to hear from you.
    I guess you must be in the US? Is it cold over there.We had alittle snow this morning and its about zero outside.

My wife is trying to gt by without medication at the moment.She goes through spells soemtime good,sometimes bad,sometimes very bad.I think she is getting better slowly but having met her mum and grandmother I believe it is inherited so she'sgonna have it for life - i think.
    I guess we just take it one day at a time.I try to remember that its not her fault othrewise it really gets me down.I've had a cold for about 3 months which i'm sure is due to the stress of it all.
    However, I have my sports and I lose myself in that.
    I think you have the Superbol in the US this weekend.I'm really looking forward to watching that on tv.Trouble is it starts at midnight out time on a Sunday night so usually have to mis the second half.

Anyway, thanks once again for your message.It was really nice of you to make contact.
    I wish you and your family a great weekend.
    love
    Robert
    xx
  3. JLH

JLH New Member

Yes, I am in the U.S. I live in the mid-eastern section in the state of Kentucky. It is pretty cold here right now, maybe around 20 degrees F. at night and was up to 40 F today. Overall, we have had a very mild winter though. It's really been nice. I enjoy the cold weather!

I really dislike the summertime because it gets up to 95-100F and is really humid. The heat and humidity have always made me physically ill, partially due to my lupus, I think.

I hate that you have to live such a stressful life, but I guess we all do what we have to do. At least you have an interest, such as sports, that you can occupy your time with.

You know, I'm really not a sports fan, so I am not sure if the Super Bowl is on this weekend or not, but I think I have heard some commercials about it, so it probably is! My husband dosn't care too much for sports either, but my son does, and I imagine that my son will come down to watch it with his father, so I guess I'll probably be exposed to it this weekend!!

It's really too bad that you can't get to see it until midnight! Especially since you're a real sports fan!

I also hope that you and your family have a nice weekend. My two grandsons, ages 8 and 10, will be staying all night with us tomorrow night, so that certainly makes a lot of action in our quiet house!!

Hope to talk with you often!

(((Hugs)))
    Janet