To my cyber friends

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by bandwoman, Nov 26, 2006.

1. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

Hi all,

I am sorry that I didn't get a chance to respond to some of you. I am using my mom's webtv to do this and when we are watching a movie as we have been the last couple of nights I am unable to get on the board.

I am on my way home today so will respond to you when I get back. It has been gorgeous weather here for Novemeber. I love it. I have been having my sunroof on my car open which is unbelievable for this time of year.

I did get to read some posts this morning. So we need to set a date for our slumber party. So Cath, if my juicer is not allowed then I guess I will go back to my old ways when I actually ate sugar and bring the chocolate chip cookies, fudge and some carrot cake (it has carrots, you know so maybe not allowed.) LOL

We all have to laugh a little or all we would be doing is crying and that is no fun!

I need to get going so will talk to you all later. Thanks for your prayers and you all have mine as well. I will be hitting the road today around 2 so could you some travel mercy prayers. This weekend is always a traffic nightmare.

Take care and talk later.

Love,
    Nancy
  2. caffey

caffey New Member

Nancy: Did you know that carrot cake is a complete meal. It has something from all the food groups.
    CARROTS- veggies
    RAISINS- fruit
    NUTS- protein
    MILK-Dairy
    BUTTER-Fat
    Cream Cheese-Dairy
    Eggs-Protein
    If you don't believe me go and talk to the server at Second Cup(like Starbucks) in our town and he will tell you the same thing. LOL!!!!!:):):). Also chocolate comes from a cocoa bean which is a protein. So we can have the cookies and chocolate fudge. You can bring your juicer if we can put ice cream ( a dairy) in it for smoothies. Made you you laugh EH?
    Love ya
    Cath
  3. windblade

windblade Active Member

Praying for you to have Traveling Mercies on your drive home. It will be so good to have you back.

Love, Judy
  4. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

for your prayers. They were answered. I did really well on the trip home. I didn't have my usual fighting to stay awake routine. That is always a fear of mine when I travel and is a problem when it starts to happen.

I had a great long weekend with my family. This is the second time without my Dad and as I look back on last year with everything being the first it was so much better. I dreaded the Holidays last year because of the strangeness and weirdness of it all without my Dad.

My mom is doing very well after a very tough year. They had been married for 58 years. When I left today she tends to get depressed but my sister was there doing some stuff for her so she wasn't alone when I left which was good.

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and it is good to be back on the board on my own computer.

Love,
    Nancy