To my Fabulous New Friends at the Guai Group

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by janieb, May 2, 2006.

1. janieb

janieb New Member

I thank you all for your encouragement and support. When I got back from Vegas, I received the news that the problem in my hips is not from the fibro, but,you guessed it, arthritis. My entire body is hyperflexible, except for my hips, which are locked somewhere below normal. We believe it was caused by an incident at work 32 years ago, which put me in first one hospital and then at the Mayo for months of misery. I was told I'd never walk without a back brace, but have managed for many, many years after recovering, somewhat.

Well, that's all history. The doctor had several suggestions, which include a chiropractor. I do have one who has helped me greatly over the years, and that is the one I will see. The other is a trainer and equipment that will keep me from hyperextending my muscles and tendons. We're going to try them both, along with the guai protocol.

We're curently finishing our last of about 15 rooms remodeling. One bedroom left to be carpeted and we're done inside. Admittedly, I didn't do hardly any of the work, but I did cook for my husband and his help. In about three days they'll move outside and I'll be done with the mess and just have to do a little cooking.

I know this is getting long, but as soon as they're done inside, I'm going through all the cosmetics, laundry products, etc. and filling my prescription. I have the book and have run the lists from this site, so I'm ready to start, as soon as I work up the energy. Also, know how lucky I am to have strong family, friends, a patient husband, and my guai group to help me deal with all of this.

Will do my best with the protocol and trying to encourage newcomers, as you have done for me.

Bless you,

janieb
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Glad you will be joining our little group. I hope and pray the Guai will help you. It is not supposed to help osteoarthritis, but it does help mine. Claudia, Dr. St. Amand's nurse and co-author says it helps hers too.

Fifteen rooms? Wow! I've done remodeling so I know how much work and stress it can be.

Love, Mikie
  3. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

Good luck Janie, it's lovely to have you with us.